Coming home light’s don’t work?

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
My leon doesn’t have auto lights, however I can set my car to have the leaving/coming home lights on under the car settings on my infotainment system. Even with this ticked, the lights don’t come on when locking/unlocking?

Is this because I don’t have auto lights (pretty sure I don’t) but then why would I have the settings available to set?

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Leaving home lights aren't a thing on cars without auto lights. To activate coming home lights you have to flash the high beams when you're about to get out of the car.

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
It can be done, even without Auto Lights.

However, you need OBDeleven to start with.

Have you got one?

If so, then search for Coming Home/Leaving Home lights and you will find a full thread on this forum dedicated to it.

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
No I don’t have OBDeleven because I don’t have an android.

I’m getting carista soon, can I set it with that?

If not then i’ll just leave it

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
No I don’t have OBDeleven because I don’t have an android.

I’m getting carista soon, can I set it with that?

If not then i’ll just leave it
You could always get OBDeleven plus a cheap android tablet. A quick Google search and no frills android tablets start at around £20.

Alienatrix

Sep 9, 2017
IMO, ever since I coded this option I don't think I could do without it.

It gives the car that extra bit of premium look, especially since most cars over £20k seem to have it.

I always thought it was down right stupid from Seat not to include this option as standard, given all the extra safety equipment cars come with these days.

Coming Home/Leaving Home Lights are deffos something that all cars should have, considering the general state of street lights nowadays.