I'm expecting a Cupra Lux at the end of January..any pointers?

Nov 14, 2019
Hey all,

I'm Chris and i'm new to the group, but i thought it was only right joining after I got a Cupra ordered :) Quite counter intuitive since i've already ordered it but i have a few questions;

any pointers or things i should be wary on?

I've heard the exhaust sound needs a few miles to get going, can anyone shed any light on this?

What sort of real world mpg are people getting?

Magnetic Grey a good colour choice?

What's the comfort like in the bucket seats which come with the Lux pack?

How's the standard sound system?

Cheers in advance,

Chris

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hey all,

I'm Chris and i'm new to the group, but i thought it was only right joining after I got a Cupra ordered :) Quite counter intuitive since i've already ordered it but i have a few questions;

I've heard the exhaust sound needs a few miles to get going, can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers in advance,

Chris
Get an old metal sweet tin to keep your keys in as Lux is Kessy equipped and thieves will try to connect to the key and have your car in a moment.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
'Expecting delivery by end of January....'
When did you place your order, when did you get your order number and when did you get a build week???
I ordered mine (ST Lux) on 25th Nov and got an order number a week later. Hopefully more news will arrive in the New Year.....

Keep us posted!!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Get an old metal sweet tin to keep your keys in as Lux is Kessy equipped and thieves will try to connect to the key and have your car in a moment.
They updated the key with a sleep function in 2018 (See the attached crop from the user guide). So the tin isn't necessary unless the thieves relay your key while it's moving. All the thefts I've seen on here have been forced entry and key theft. Not seen a relay theft yet. If kessy is a worry you can deactivate keyless when the car is outside the house if wanted.
IMG_20191215_161758.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: sdolman84 and Zer0

matt4791

Mar 4, 2018
I’ve also ordered a Magnetic Grey Cupra Lux. I placed my order on 15th November and I’ve been told that the order was accepted by the factory on 28th November and have been given a confirmed build date of Week 5. The dealer has told me 4 weeks from build to delivery, so I hope to get mine mid March. Having read about the delays on here, I’m not sure how accurate this will be. My current lease ends in April, so I’m just hoping it arrives before then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
To answer your questions, the exhaust needs a while to bed in and get the proper sounds/ pops out of it. Many people get a res delete fitted which gives it a bit more noise and character but nothing too loud.

I have bucket seats and they are very comfy actually for me, if quite difficult to get a comfy driving position at times.

real world MPG urban/ city town driving you’re looking at 20mpg, on a good drive with a dual carriageway run I can achieve 39 if trying but usually I average around 34mpg on my daily drives.

sound is good in my 66 plate but the doors are a little rattle especially at higher volumes, need more sound proofing in the doors.

enjoy!!

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Hey all,

Cheers in advance,

Chris
Magnetic grey is the best colour (Not biased at all obviously :cheeky:). I've got the MY19 Lux and agree with everything @LR231998 has said about his pre facelift. Rattles in doors is a pot luck thing, I got lucky and have no rattles others haven't been so lucky. Easily fixed though.
With the 7 speed you can get slightly higher MPG on motorway/dual carriageway but nothing to write home about. In every day driving you'll spend most time between 20-35mpg most likely.

IMG_20190807_124740-04.jpeg

Reactions: Rob66 and LR231998

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
It’s worth noting I only get rattles I’m bad roads/ when playing loud bass music at high volume and they’re not bad at all really, some owners get it terrible. as said above it is complete pot luck so don’t be surprised if you do get a few rattles from the door cards.

the grey is a lovely colour, as demonstrated above. Stunning!

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
My bonnet (Mag Grey) already has a nasty stone chip after 300 miles, so I'd invest in some touch up paint!

I've got a steering lock and Ghost II installed.

Lovely car, however I'm still running it in so haven't really opened it up yet.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
My bonnet (Mag Grey) already has a nasty stone chip after 300 miles, so I'd invest in some touch up paint!

I've got a steering lock and Ghost II installed.

Lovely car, however I'm still running it in so haven't really opened it up yet.
It’s scary the first time you properly floor it ;)
I also have a big stone chip on my bonnet :( the front seems to attract stones. Also the rear seems to get particularly dirty especially with tar, I think it must be the shape or the tyres but it really does seem to flick the dirt up!

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
I agree with the above in answer to your questions.

I'm getting around 20mpg commuting into city centre and back (short 5 miles) and around 34mpg on longer motorway runs.

Comfort is pretty good for me using Comfort mode and or set as comfort in Individual mode.

Handling is great IMHO. Best handling car I've owned (after coming from 2 Golf R's, a Golf GTI (no diff) and RS3.

Magnetic Grey is also a great colour. You'll see the best of it when its sunny as with all metallic paints but never looks too bad in filthy weather either. It doesn't show swirls much either.

Tips I have are :

Use 98/99 RON petrol (recommended and better exhaust sound !)
Do get GAP insurance (for around £140 on such a car its well worth it)
Run it in with lots of varied driving and revs, don't just use D drive.
I'm not a fan of the Stop/Start so get into the habit of turning it off each start !

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

I'm getting around 20mpg commuting into city centre and back (short 5 miles) and around 34mpg on longer motorway runs.

Comfort is pretty good for me using Comfort mode and or set as comfort in Individual mode.

Handling is great IMHO. Best handling car I've owned (after coming from 2 Golf R's, a Golf GTI (no diff) and RS3.

Magnetic Grey is also a great colour. You'll see the best of it when its sunny as with all metallic paints but never looks too bad in filthy weather either. It doesn't show swirls much either.

Tips I have are :

I'm not a fan of the Stop/Start so get into the habit of turning it off each start !
Good point about the swirls, magnetic grey doesn't show then at all. I personally can't see any on my magnetic grey paint but on the gloss black plastic parts I have tons. The dealer unfortunately washed it with gravel or something before delivering it.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Don't waste your time running it in, it's a mass produced 2L that's been around for years, not a koenigsegg, make sure the oil is up to temp and just enjoy it, even more so if its a lease, I trashed the life out of mine from 13 miles and it never missed a beat

Last edited:

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018

Tips I have are :

Highly recommend to fit start/stop module.I have it too.

Nov 14, 2019
apologies for the delayed reply was expecting to see some notifications via email!.

Thank you so much for the guidance, really looking forward to it!!

In terms of when i ordered it, i only purchased it on the 12th of Nov but i've nabbed a factory cancellation so my wait time is pretty low. Nice to hear the opinions vs the golf R as i was actually looking at getting a used Golf R for a similar monthly payment but the lease deal made this a no brainer £274 p/m 12k mpa.

My first real hot hatch although could consider my mk7 fiesta st :p... but currently trying a 58 bmw 320d manual estate so it's going to take a little while to get use to it!

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone got pics of the buckets ?
Do they come with heated seats,Washers and the park assist ?
Due End of Jan but we can’t have it until April when current lease ends.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Use Mometum 99 or Shell VPower 99. I believe on the flap it should say 98/(95) RON, so 95 RON for emergencies only. Unless you are in countries where 95 is the highest you can get. Not sure how long your Cupra lease will be...but I'm guessing they will come with Conti 5P tyres, they will go quickly and are not the best (from consensus of everyone).. so keep an eye out for good deals for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres, might suggest if a good deal comes up, just buy the tyres in 235/35 R19 size, and store till you need them. You are likely to need to change tyres prior to the end of your lease.. I would say drive it 'normally' but not foot flat / till redline for the first few hundred miles...as always, wait for engine to be up to temp before giving it some.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.