What driving mode do you use?

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
I drive 90% of the time in Comfort and 10% in Cupra but never use sport mode because I dont understand the difference between Cupra and sport. If I want to go a bit quicker I sometimes pull the gear shift down from D to S to hold the gears for longer rather than going into Cupra.

What do you guys do?

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
Depends who is in the car and what road i am on, pointless driving in Cupra on the motorway so I will leave it in comfort.

Typically if i'm in the car alone it will always be in Cupra though, it sounds better and feels better when driven with purpose.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Individual set to Comfort DCC, normal steering (i.e. not heavy), engine Cupra, the rest irrelevant.

It’s annoying not being able to set up a short cut to the favoured mode.

I also don’t like the excessive creep when in Engine: Cupra

Reactions: Peller

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Individual. I change the settings as I drive depending on the roads and my passengers. Steering is always set to Cupra though, AC set to Eco, ACC on its default. Probably the only settings I leave alone.

Reactions: Peller

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Always set to Individual. Engine in sport so the stupid soundaktor doesn't intrude. Diff in Cupra and DCC set to comfort. Cupra mode on our roads is just silly tbh.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I do a fair bit of town driving so usually comfort. I have Individual set to the hardest everything, but the engine in comfort and I use this if doing cruising on B roads when I don't need the engine response, but would appreciate the handling. If I do need the response I just flick the gearbox into sport.

I rarely use Cupra mode except for demos for friends, Sport seem more than enough, and now the miles are adding up it still farts and pops in sport.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Usually in comfort or cupra. As mentioned above I don’t see the point of sport, other than the slightly toned down soundaktor which I have off anyway. Individual I have engine eco, steering Cupra, DCC comfort, lights red air con and CC normal.

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Usually in comfort or cupra. As mentioned above I don’t see the point of sport, other than the slightly toned down soundaktor which I have off anyway. Individual I have engine eco, steering Cupra, DCC comfort, lights red air con and CC normal.

Only just noticed the ECO mode, lowers revs when going down hill. I will give this a try to compare to comfort.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Only just noticed the ECO mode, lowers revs when going down hill. I will give this a try to compare to comfort.
It puts the car in neutral when coasting, so no engine braking which is good for motorway journeys. If you slightly touch the brake it will engage the clutch again. The dashboard displays eco or something similar when it's in neutral and coasting.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
It puts the car in neutral when coasting, so no engine braking which is good for motorway journeys. If you slightly touch the brake it will engage the clutch again. The dashboard displays eco or something similar when it's in neutral and coasting.
Well I have manual so the only noticeable difference on mine is the very slow cruise control acceleration. Other than that feels like comfort. It doesn’t even improve MPG lol

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Well I have manual so the only noticeable difference on mine is the very slow cruise control acceleration. Other than that feels like comfort. It doesn’t even improve MPG lol
I personally don't use it as don't like coasting which isn't an issue for you. I have a different setting for cruise control seperate to engine?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
I drive 90% of the time in Comfort and 10% in Cupra but never use sport mode because I dont understand the difference between Cupra and sport. If I want to go a bit quicker I sometimes pull the gear shift down from D to S to hold the gears for longer rather than going into Cupra.

What do you guys do?
Pretty much the same. Most of the time in Comfort. When the engine warms up I go into Cupra for a couple of minutes and that's it. I seem to prefer the silence as I get older I guess.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Cupra in manual DSG mode when having fun, but 95% of the time Individual mode with DCC in comfort, Steering in Cupra, diff in Cupra and engine in Eco. There's very little chance to hoon on my commute to work so Eco helps to get 35-40mpg most days. I never got a Cupra to save petrol, but it's a useful bonus! In my manual BE 290 I was filling up once a week. Now it's every two weeks, so saving £120 a month roughly.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.