Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have you thought about some sheepskin seat covers to protect your seats.

I like the look of the seats too much.. might just get this instead
upload_2019-9-15_21-8-26.jpeg

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Went to uni in Aberystwyth, some great driving road. Shame I was in a VW Polo (old box shape)

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kanyewest

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Went to uni in Aberystwyth, some great driving road. Shame I was in a VW Polo (old box shape)

One of my fav places I've been to in Wales. Trouble is, the roads are so picturesque I want to pull over and take a picture. But that would mean taking my foot off the accelerator, which I didn't want to do either.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Trip over to R-Tech today. Ace bunch of guys. Even though they are run off their feet, everyone takes time out to chat with you and you can really feel their passionate about their performance cars.
q8bnm7r.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing swapping map for map. But when I got the printout, I was sure :D
KcOBhSk.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Trip over to R-Tech today. Ace bunch of guys. Even though they are run off their feet, everyone takes time out to chat with you and you can really feel their passionate about their performance cars.
q8bnm7r.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing swapping map for map. But when I got the printout, I was sure :D
KcOBhSk.jpg
Awesome!

So Revo might not be the best way to go for all round awesome then... You mentioned they map in the traction control or something to help put the power down...

So have you sent an invoice to @Jairm88 for showing you what it's like haha

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Awesome!

So Revo might not be the best way to go for all round awesome then... You mentioned they map in the traction control or something to help put the power down...

So have you sent an invoice to @Jairm88 for showing you what it's like haha

I'm actually like a kid that just got the best xmas present ever. The excitement hasn't died down yet. Yeah, he's mapped the traction control to make it more progressive rather than all or nothing. Also, he's near eliminated the compressor surge (it's impossible to get rid of it 100%). It also makes lots of cool different sound effects now!! And moved the power band into the center. I can't breathe.

To be fair to Niki, he did say that there was nothing wrong with the Revo map. It was giving good timings and numbers. I just felt that for the money I spent on the brand name parts, I should be getting more from it... and now I am.

Haha, I think you've got me to spend more on cleaning products than I have on the remap!

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Very nice results there. As long as it puts a smile on your face it’s well worth all the money time and effort you’ve put into the car. Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
I'm actually like a kid that just got the best xmas present ever. The excitement hasn't died down yet. Yeah, he's mapped the traction control to make it more progressive rather than all or nothing. Also, he's near eliminated the compressor surge (it's impossible to get rid of it 100%). It also makes lots of cool different sound effects now!! And moved the power band into the center. I can't breathe.

To be fair to Niki, he did say that there was nothing wrong with the Revo map. It was giving good timings and numbers. I just felt that for the money I spent on the brand name parts, I should be getting more from it... and now I am.

Haha, I think you've got me to spend more on cleaning products than I have on the remap!

Awesome results mate :D

The traction mapping Niki does is addictive in the wet

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Nice, very nice. I'm getting increasingly jealous....

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Very nice results there. As long as it puts a smile on your face it’s well worth all the money time and effort you’ve put into the car. Looks great

Cheers, I couldn't sleep last night cause I just wanted to take the car out again. I feel like choosing the mods I have has come good in the end. Now just gotta learn to drive it again!

Awesome results mate :D

The traction mapping Niki does is addictive in the wet

Cheers. Yeah, I'm still getting used to it. Things definitely disappearing in the rear view mirror quicker.

I've got a MK2 Cupra R for sale.... Just saying haha

:rofl:

Reactions: ash_89

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Mixed day today. Had my yearly cam follower. 7000 miles and the coating had started to wear. Oil pick up pipe done. Tick. Along with oil change (obviously) and oil filter.

The real kicker was it took over 2 hours to get my car through the mot. Apparently my sports cat is knackered at 2.5 years / 20k miles so needs replacing before next year's mot. I just expected it to last a bit longer than that (that's what she said!).

Reactions: bigT's lcr

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Mixed day today. Had my yearly cam follower. 7000 miles and the coating had started to wear. Oil pick up pipe done. Tick. Along with oil change (obviously) and oil filter.

The real kicker was it took over 2 hours to get my car through the mot. Apparently my sports cat is knackered at 2.5 years / 20k miles so needs replacing before next year's mot. I just expected it to last a bit longer than that (that's what she said!).

I Had a similar problem with my sports cat mate , it was holding my car back a fair bit at rtech
i was advised to get it replaced asap .

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.