Evo magazine track day 8th June 2020 Bedford

Jenko

Sep 9, 2019
Hello,

not sure if this is in the correct place but I’ve booked the above track evening at Bedford autodrome. I’ve done a couple of the evo magazine ones before and normally a good laugh.
Wondered if anyone else wanted to come?

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
That sounds awesome!

Never done a track day - is it for beginners or for more experienced track goers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jenko

Sep 9, 2019
That sounds awesome!

Never done a track day - is it for beginners or for more experienced track goers?

I done my first track day on an evo track evening. It’s very friendly. Because Bedford has quite a strict noise limit you normally only have road cars. If you’ve never done a track day before Bedford is a good track to start loads, of grass run offs with no tyre walls or barriers to hit. The track is wide too so makes overtaking easy.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What’s the limit? Lol

I think mines going to be too loud :(

Bedford Autodrome Noise Limits
The static noise limit at Bedford Autodrome is 101dB(A) and the drive-by limit is 87.5dB(A). On a Bedford Autodrome track day, all vehicles must pass the static noise limit to be permitted on the track. The drive-by limit is measured at a distance of approx 20m whilst vehicles are on track.

When you did the start up shotgun thing when I measured your cold start it was over 100 for sure haha but didn't get it being revved at all...

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Bedford Autodrome Noise Limits
The static noise limit at Bedford Autodrome is 101dB(A) and the drive-by limit is 87.5dB(A). On a Bedford Autodrome track day, all vehicles must pass the static noise limit to be permitted on the track. The drive-by limit is measured at a distance of approx 20m whilst vehicles are on track.

When you did the start up shotgun thing when I measured your cold start it was over 100 for sure haha but didn't get it being revved at all...

The last start up I measured was 117db :(

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If I recall... didn't Ron say that on track days the marshalls used to point out where the noise detectors were and he'd drive on the other side of the track to them?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Mine will be well above that then, its noisier on the move than static as has no turbo to soften the noise.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Mine will be well above that then, its noisier on the move than static as has no turbo to soften the noise.
Your MK1 Leon has a turbo doesn't it... I'm not sure what other car you'd be talking about on a SEAT forum haha I've blind you see and cannot see avatars lol
:seatgod:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.