Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
I've had the retrofit done for about a week but my wipers have been going funny. They come on when there's water detected as they should but they don't turn off after that, they stay on. Anyone know what it might be? I've replaced the gel pad because it looked a bit cracked but it's still not working, I've requested a return for the sensor on eBay

3formrhalez

Apr 22, 2010
Sussex
Anyone in or around Sussex who could help me out with this? Just bought a 64 fr estate, and couldn’t get my head round no auto lights! My Exeo had auto everything.....but wasn’t as rapid :) Happy to pay for help as largely, I wouldn’t have a clue what I was doing!

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I cant thank everyone who's contributed to this thread enough! I now have OEM auto lights and wipers which are both working perfectly, I thought whilst I was furloughed I'd get on with some mods to the car and this one was suprisingly simple.

Can't actually believe how low cost and simple this mod is for the features it gives you, coming home/leaving home lights are the main reason I wanted auto lights and auto wipers work fine too. All the correct menu options come up and you can even set the headlights to come on when it's raining.

Really appreciate the how to guide, if anyone has any issues fitting this to a FL Leon let me know and I'll try to help.

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
Just got my auto lights/wipers working. Guide on here worked a treat, thanks!

I did use a different sensor number than the one listed and it works.

Edit:

Used sensor part no. 8U0 955 559 B (Car is showing it as a RLFS)

The sensor that came out my car was 8U0 955 559, was surprised that the similar part number would work but it did so happy days.

Coming home/leaving home also now active.
Hi Ben, I have a seat leon tdi fr 2014 with same sensor 8U0955559 with no auto light on light switch and auto rain sensor doesn't work. I can only think the sensor doesn't support rain sensing? Did the Sensor 8U0955559B you brought include humidity sensor? As I think that's all the original one does. Is there a cheaper vag cable I can use instead off genuine.

Thanks

Aug 22, 2020
Hello to everybody . New member here !!
I have a leon 2017 facelift and I saw that it has 8U0955559 sensor . Is this compatible with auto whipers or not ??

Dec 26, 2019
Hi folks new member here, hello! I'm just wondering if anyone has done the auto lights mod on the Ateca at all? I used to have a FR184 and have recently changed to an Ateca and miss the light function on my model. Would it use the same parts? Cheers all

Dec 26, 2019
Have managed to get automatic lights working but now have lost intermittent wipers and no automatic wiper function, anyone any ideas what I could have done?

Dec 26, 2019
Have you got the stalk in the first position, as in up one click? Needs to be there to activate the sensor.
Yes in first position, all I get is one swipe when sensitivity switch is moved. When first fitted the sensor worked when sprayed with water now nothing.

Dec 26, 2019
That’s strange then, not sure what else to try other than removing and reinserting the sensor.
Wish there was a way of checking it's function via obd11 have tried unplugging and replugging in with no effect, don't want to break it trying to remove it or destroying the seal.

Dec 26, 2019
Not regarding wipers or lights no, just the canbus error on climate control that many seem to get who have done this retro fit

Dec 26, 2019
For anyone looking to add rain sensing wipers to a Seat Ateca, you may need a different RLHS sensor to the ones mentioned in this thread. 5Q0955547 (A or B) didn't work properly on my 2017 Ateca It gave 3 wipes instead of 1, the sensitivity control didn't work and it messed up the regular intermittent wipe too! I eventually found out the correct sensor is 81A955555A which is commonly fitted to Audi A4's and A5's. All the OBDeleven coding is the same as for facelift Leon's.
Hi, have you got the long coding for this, I'm having the wipers issues. I have now tried 2 sensors, 81A955547A which is supposed to be for Ateca and 5Q0955555. Both great for lights but not wipers. Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members