Cupra Ateca wheels on a Leon Cupra

matt4791

Mar 4, 2018
Please can anyone advise if the copper coloured Cupra Ateca wheels (part number 5F9071499AHPN) will fit on a Leon Cupra hatch without any modifications? Both are 8J x 18 with the same bolt pattern. The Ateca wheel is ET45 whereas the standard Leon Cupra wheel is ET50. It is my understanding that the Ateca wheel will stick out 5mm more. Would it be a straight swap? Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Please can anyone advise if the copper coloured Cupra Ateca wheels (part number 5F9071499AHPN) will fit on a Leon Cupra hatch without any modifications? Both are 8J x 18 with the same bolt pattern. The Ateca wheel is ET45 whereas the standard Leon Cupra wheel is ET50. It is my understanding that the Ateca wheel will stick out 5mm more. Would it be a straight swap? Thanks...

They will fit fine, so long as they matched to Leon Cupra Size tyres (235/35R19) not Ateca size tyres (235/40R19). In fact the Ateca wheels are identical to the Cupra R ST wheels. (The Cupra R 5 door are ET40).

matt4791

Mar 4, 2018
They will fit fine, so long as they matched to Leon Cupra Size tyres (235/35R19) not Ateca size tyres (235/40R19). In fact the Ateca wheels are identical to the Cupra R ST wheels. (The Cupra R 5 door are ET40).

Thank you. I thought that would be the case. I guess the Cupra R 5 door is ET40 so that they stick out even further to fill the flared arches...?

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
I concur they will fit and are nice wheels,but how much?
Manufacturers OEM wheels for current models are rarely other than very expensive in my experience

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I concur they will fit and are nice wheels,but how much?
Manufacturers OEM wheels for current models are rarely other than very expensive in my experience
They are just under £300 a wheel for the Ateca Cupra wheels. Standard Leon Cupra facelift wheels are £600!
Same spec as the Cupra R ST wheel but with a different part number (This bit rings alarm bells for me as something must be different)
I'm waiting until someone confirms the weight of these as the price seems too cheap to be the same wheel on the Cupra R ST.
Why would the Cupra R ST wheels be half the price of the stock wheel. If it is then I'm getting some as they are a bargain.

Last edited:

20VT_AUQ

Roar
Dec 5, 2019
What's the weight for them?

I would only purchase low weight rims as they largely affect acceleration and fuel economy.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
They are just under £300 a wheel for the Ateca Cupra wheels. Standard Leon Cupra facelift wheels are £600!
Same spec as the Cupra R ST wheel but with a different part number (This bit rings alarm bells for me as something must be different)
I'm waiting until someone confirms the weight of these as the price seems too cheap to be the same wheel on the Cupra R ST.
Why would the Cupra R ST wheels be half the price of the stock wheel. If it is then I'm getting some as they are a bargain.

yeah ateca ones may be heavier and made of different metal or something for the increased load on them

who knows

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I think they must be. Just need someone to take the plunge and find out haha.
Even if they are it won’t make too much of a difference i wouldn’t of though. Obviously lightweight is better but at half the price i wouldn’t be too concerned

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Even if they are it won’t make too much of a difference i wouldn’t of though. Obviously lightweight is better but at half the price i wouldn’t be too concerned
Someone weighed the facelift wheels. They weigh 11.5kg a wheel. I wouldn't want anything over 15kg.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
R ST wheels weigh 10.8kg, maybe Ateca wheels are stronger/heavier because offroad car :clown:
I think they will be a lot heavier definitely. But no-one has confirmed their weight yet. As I e said earlier I highly doubt they are th same at less than £300 a wheel.

Do you know the part number for the R ST wheel. All I know is it's different to the Atecas. I have the part number for the R but that's an ET40 wheel.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
They're the same wheel,, they just come with a beefier tyre (40 profile instead of 35)

10.8kg seems light for an OEM wheel, but good to know.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
They're the same wheel,, they just come with a beefier tyre (40 profile instead of 35)

How do you know it's identical. I know it's identical in dimensions and look. But why does it differ in part number and price?
I wish I'd asked SEAT for 2 of these rather than my one wheel that they covered under warranty.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
How do you know it's identical. I know it's identical in dimensions and look. But why does it differ in part number and price?
I wish I'd asked SEAT for 2 of these rather than my one wheel that they covered under warranty.

I agree with you there, they must be different wheels, but look the same/similar, a well organised company like VW Group are not going to generate 2 differing part numbers for the same item, as far as I know, it has not happened in the past so why would they start doing this now. VW Group's plan, will always be to minimise the parts inventory and so that includes using common parts were possible - and that will always mean same part numbers.

Reactions: Oldbutswift

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

I think they have a different offset, which would explain the different part numbers. From https://www.wheel-size.com/ website;

Seat Ateca Cupra; 8J x 19 ET45 (Tyre size 245/40 R19)
Seat Leon Cupra; 8J x 19 ET50 (Tyre size 235/35 R19)

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I think they have a different offset, which would explain the different part numbers. From https://www.wheel-size.com/ website;

Seat Ateca Cupra; 8J x 19 ET45 (Tyre size 245/40 R19)
Seat Leon Cupra; 8J x 19 ET50 (Tyre size 235/35 R19)

All the standard Leon Cupra wheels are ET50
Leon Sub8 Wheels are ET50
Leon Performance pack wheels ET50
Leon Carbon Edition wheels are ET50

However:
Leon Cupra R ST wheels are ET45 (Copper)
Ateca Cupra wheels are ET45 (Copper)

Leon Cupra R (5 door) wheels are ET40 (copper)

They're the same wheel.someone with the Cupra R ST posted a picture of the back of them, its the same part number unless I'm being dyslexic (which is a slight possibility).

Edit:
@KernelOkey do you still have the picture of the rear of your standard R ST wheels?

Reactions: Kirky
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise