what have you done to your car today ?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Gah... coolant level warning beeped again! Getting longer between each fill though with each little job I've done. Going to try and flush the heater matrix this week, any guides on here or tip from people who have done it themselves? Read it should be 'reversed flushed' first (against the normal flow) so be good to know which hose is the feed and which is the return :)

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Spent more.money on bits I don't need yet... by they still look the bollox
1576516307126777433536907659030.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Scraped the windows, pumped up the tyres then went to check screen wash but the bloody catch for bonnet didn’t pop out so I can’t get bonnet up
So pushed bonnet shut, locked her and walked away................

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out to start fiddling with the bonnet catch and guess what ……… the bonnet opened up as normal , must have been stuck with the icy cold weather. Did notice 2 of the plastic rivets missing so ordered more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Thanks for that - I'm not going to be getting any sleep tonight now.
166k this intake. Not good at all considering the rest of it is very very clean. No oil leaks no real issue other than cams gone and boost pipe keep doing the normal pop off from the cooler.
Once I got the pipes out and egr and soon the cooler delete it will be a much easier bay to work on.
a29cab9192459ca5e589daf309a7ee61.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edit: there is a stand under there too

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
166k this intake. Not good at all considering the rest of it is very very clean. No oil leaks no real issue other than cams gone and boost pipe keep doing the normal pop off from the cooler.
Once I got the pipes out and egr and soon the cooler delete it will be a much easier bay to work on.
a29cab9192459ca5e589daf309a7ee61.jpg

Edit: there is a stand under there too

I'm more embarrassed that I haven't even thought to check mine, and I've got a similar mileage. What would you do to clean that up? Or are you just going to bin it and get a new one?

I think with the boost pipe, you have to get the clip seated in just the right place, otherwise it'll keep popping off. Don't ask me how I know - I've only just got the stains out of my pants.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I'm more embarrassed that I haven't even thought to check mine, and I've got a similar mileage. What would you do to clean that up? Or are you just going to bin it and get a new one?

I think with the boost pipe, you have to get the clip seated in just the right place, otherwise it'll keep popping off. Don't ask me how I know - I've only just got the stains out of my pants.
Not replace just yet, take off most importantly, don't try and clean this while on the car, it imo is only going to end badly. Fairy liquid, hot water,big blue gloves and elbow grease is all that's needed to clean it. Probably some goggles to tbh.
If I could afford it now I'd just replace but Xmas has hurt my bank account with a 12 year old daughter and two step kids 20 and 21 both girls and the cam kit and probably other bit over the next few days just to get her running again.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Not replace just yet, take off most importantly, don't try and clean this while on the car, it imo is only going to end badly. Fairy liquid, hot water,big blue gloves and elbow grease is all that's needed to clean it. Probably some goggles to tbh.
If I could afford it now I'd just replace but Xmas has hurt my bank account with a 12 year old daughter and two step kids 20 and 21 both girls and the cam kit and probably other bit over the next few days just to get her running again.

I know that feeling. Work's been slow this year and I can barely do the stuff that needs doing to the car, let alone do anything on the performance side of things. I've been asked to quote for a big job for the end of January, so that might cover the clutch - if I get the job! The good thing is I'm learning more and more on each bit of work I do on the car - when I change the cambelt and water pump next, I'll know to have a look at the intake. MoT next month though, so hopefully there won't be any unexpected costs there - but I'll be doing a couple of long runs over Christmas to see if there's anything that might come up. It never ends with this car...

Reactions: Andrewwright

lightup

May 27, 2019
Got 4 adjustable rear control arms in the mail today. so i can adjust camber and toe. Adding some superbro bushes.
019477454f9ba73d16627a1cbcf4f9a9.jpg
a034f5752a1a7ad8610c9ec9d0f6071a.jpg
fe8d8b1f03a0b800df1a9e00dd94b0e7.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Chaki

Nov 10, 2019
Replaced the main switch...
Old one (oem, says MADE IN AUSTRALIA, yes Australia really) was pain in the bu*t, constantly tricking me...but i guess it was the one that car came from the factory with.
This new one is aftermarket but i guess it will last at least 2yrs

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_113349.jpg
    IMG_20191216_113349.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Replaced the main switch...
Old one (oem, says MADE IN AUSTRALIA, yes Australia really) was pain in the bu*t, constantly tricking me...but i guess it was the one that car came from the factory with.
This new one is aftermarket but i guess it will last at least 2yrs

That's the second one it's had then, because the Golf version has the child in a circle icon, not the Leon.
I replaced mine with an aftermarket one too and the red illumination is really crap. I'll probably swap it out for a second hand original in spring

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Noticed my battery light on while I was driving yesterday. Don't know if it had stayed on from when I started or if it came on while I was driving. It was only a short trip.

Parked on a hill and when I started off, the car stalled. No issues since, but I haven't driven enough to know.

The battery is only a couple of years old and I think the alternator was replaced a few years back too, and I've checked the battery terminals and haven't noticed any corrosion. Recently the car's laboured a little on starting and the dash lights I noticed flickered a little while I was turning over, but no other real issues.

Might try and find a multimeter so I can check the battery, but any other thoughts?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Noticed my battery light on while I was driving yesterday. Don't know if it had stayed on from when I started or if it came on while I was driving. It was only a short trip.

Parked on a hill and when I started off, the car stalled. No issues since, but I haven't driven enough to know.

The battery is only a couple of years old and I think the alternator was replaced a few years back too, and I've checked the battery terminals and haven't noticed any corrosion. Recently the car's laboured a little on starting and the dash lights I noticed flickered a little while I was turning over, but no other real issues.

Might try and find a multimeter so I can check the battery, but any other thoughts?

The 'Battery' light doesn't actually relate to the battery at all, it's purely to show that the charging system isn't charging the battery.
As 'Chaki' said above, check the alternator belt is ok, and then check with the multimeter that you have over 14 volts at the battery terminals when the engine is running.

20VT_AUQ

Roar
Dec 5, 2019
Tried to fit these new center caps. Epic fail, they are too big for my rims :(

71e4AbMGylL._SL1500_.jpg

Dude I hate the world of center caps. Dozens of sizes, too hard to find compatible ones.

Is there an easy fix or should I return them?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Where the pancake pipe blew off and made contact with the road, was very slow speed at the time, was while getting it back home weeks ago, just took it off a few days ago and only just been bothered to look, knew it needs replacement. With this I'm going to fmic and hard pipe so the cars gonna be off the road for a few months.
On a side note...loving the other half a 320d in the wet...gotta map it
f4c2b60ec6a7f13ec1791df15d8d5828.jpg

Reactions: bigT's lcr
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.