It's here!

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
Almost 3 months to the day since ordering my Leon Estate 1.5 TSI (130) FR Black Edition was delivered at 9am

Very pleased with it in Magnetic Grey and looks like it'll be a nice place to be for a couple of years

Took the delivery driver to the station (20 mile round trip) and impressed with the drive. No issues at all with the engine and not a hint of any of the problems people have been reporting, saw the cylinder deactivation come on and off a few times too. It was driven from Chesterfield to Glasgow, almost 300 miles and was showing 50 mpg so not at all bad

Pics to follow soon as I can clean it!

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
I was in the 40s on my 60 mile motorway drive after picking mine up (1.5 130 hatch) - quite impressed with 50 on a new engine!

I'm also yet to get some nice pictures after a good wash... not sure it's worth it with the salty state of my local roads at the minute!

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
I was in the 40s on my 60 mile motorway drive after picking mine up (1.5 130 hatch) - quite impressed with 50 on a new engine!

I'm also yet to get some nice pictures after a good wash... not sure it's worth it with the salty state of my local roads at the minute!
Another wee drive this afternoon, it's a tidy handler and certainly nippier than my last car with the 1.4 150hp engine. Wanted to clean it properly this afternoon but the Mrs thinks my work from home day is better spent on Christmas prep haha!

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Yeah quite impressive, good petrol? It'll be getting the usual Morrisons stuff all my cars have had...
Wouldn’t use Morrison’s fuel. It’s drink of the devils

jokes aside you’re better off financially using at least Tesco momentum as it does last longer and you get better MPG whilst also being better for the engine. At least I certainly notice the difference in my Cupra. I used to use Sainsbury’s and it was awful in comparison

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Wouldn’t use Morrison’s fuel. It’s drink of the devils

jokes aside you’re better off financially using at least Tesco momentum as it does last longer and you get better MPG whilst also being better for the engine. At least I certainly notice the difference in my Cupra. I used to use Sainsbury’s and it was awful in comparison

Time to chop it in for a Prius I think...
I can buy proper shell v-power and my average mpg around 20.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
and you wonder why your engine makes a lot of noise
You know common knowledge dont floor it before oil warm enough.so cold engine noise unfortunately not my fault just come from vw engineering.Thanks for them.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
You know common knowledge dont floor it before oil warm enough.so cold engine noise unfortunately not my fault just come from vw engineering.Thanks for them.

On your own there pal the 2.0 TSI engine is one of the best engines out there.

And I know most people get around 30-39mpg so I don’t know what you do or where you drive but either way, obviously it’s you.

Last edited:

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
On your own there pal the 2.0 TSI engine is one of the best engines out there.

And I know most people get around 30-39mpg so I don’t know what you do or where you drive but either way, obviously it’s you.
Well done!i drive properly so bit worst mpg.
i can recommend that prius as you did for me if you looking good mpg.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Well done!i drive properly so bit worst mpg.
i can recommend that prius as you did for me if you looking good mpg.
Hang on I’m not the one moaning about the noise of a 300bhp car lol. Nor the mpg I think 30+ is very good which is easily attained whilst driving “properly”. I don’t think you know how to drive properly or you go on stupid little trips or one of them annoying gits getting in everyones way on a Sunday morning.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Hang on I’m not the one moaning about the noise of a 300bhp car lol. Nor the mpg I think 30+ is very good which is easily attained whilst driving “properly”. I don’t think you know how to drive properly or you go on stupid little trips or one of them annoying gits getting in everyones way on a Sunday morning.
You must be know something:drive2:
So sunday driver drive with 20mpg?
I drive around 15.000miles a year mostly city. This is my van. Oh boy...i gave up.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
You must be know something:drive2:
So sunday driver drive with 20mpg?
I drive around 15.000miles a year mostly city. This is my van. Oh boy...i gave up.
Yeah I gave up a long time ago. Firstly your sentences make for very hard reading and not much sense. Secondly you just don’t have a clue lol. Have a great Christmas! :fool:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members