Greetings from Sweden

WhiteCupra280

Dec 20, 2019
Hello and greetings from Sweden,

I'm here after lurking in the shadows. My first car was a vw polo, after that I had another one and currently have a 2015 - Cupra ST 280.

The car is currently stock (other than the sound actuator being off)

Thanks for a great forum with alot of information and helpful people!

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Welcome to a very nice and helpful forum!

I saw in another tread that you have problems with damp nearby the rear doors. We had a Golf 7 1.4 TSI “Sportscombi” as it’s named by VW in Sweden, (Variantin DE). I detected leaking water under the carpet in the back seat floor. As you mentioned well-known problem these days but not in the year 2014. The water came from the door speakers. Removed the door trim. Used black silicon sealant to solve the matter. Don’t know if it’s relevant for SEAT. Took out the back seat to be able to dry it out under the carpet. The thick felt carpet was also wet (is there for noise protection).

/Peter

WhiteCupra280

Dec 20, 2019
Welcome to a very nice and helpful forum!

I saw in another tread that you have problems with damp nearby the rear doors. We had a Golf 7 1.4 TSI “Sportscombi” as it’s named by VW in Sweden, (Variantin DE). I detected leaking water under the carpet in the back seat floor. As you mentioned well-known problem these days but not in the year 2014. The water came from the door speakers. Removed the door trim. Used black silicon sealant to solve the matter. Don’t know if it’s relevant for SEAT. Took out the back seat to be able to dry it out under the carpet. The thick felt carpet was also wet (is there for noise protection).

/Peter

Thanks for welcome and sharing Peter!
I checked all the doors today with alot of water from the outside to see if it entered the cabin but it does not.

I think the water comes from the front on both sides with the driver side being the worst and makes its way further back

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.