What are these symbols on the dash screen?

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

After engine start, some strange symbols are shown on the dash screen for some time. They look as seats, so first I thought, that it's built-in seat sensors are shown for whatever reason. However they do not change when passengers are onboard. Also I doubt that rear seats should have them. Could not find them in user manual also (maybe missed them somehow?).

What are those? I don't understand what my car is trying to tell me :)
gwwBlw6.jpg

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
Ok, that explains why it's not reacting to passenger seatbelt and why there are three items displayed. But what does that mean? Is it just "status report", e.g. for checking if kids really fastened the seatbelts or I need to do something?

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
It comes on for a bit once you start the car then goes off, pehaps a check to make sure the seatbelt sensors are working?

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
Thanks to Bedlam, not so bright test was performed to prove this indication to be sort of parental control. I jumped out of driver's seat and buckled rear seat belt. Result in photo below. Mystery solved. Thanks!
UF8BkFy.jpg

Reactions: Bedlam
Jul 23, 2020
BILLHOLM
It's excellent that car manufacturers are concerned about safety. But to be honest, I have never noticed such symbols in my car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members