Dash cam hard wiring...

Oct 9, 2019
Morning all,

So I'm going to install my new dash cam on Saturday. I have the hardwire kit for it which has a fuse "Piggyback" connector for the positive feed from the fusebox. They recommend using the 12V power outlet socket position.

I've read through my manual to locate the correct fuse position, everything else is shown but NOT the power socket one.
Does anyone know which one it might be please?. Regards.

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
https://fuse-box.info/seat/seat-ibiza-mk5-2017-2018-fuses#2018 says it is fuse #2.

I hardwired my dashcam into my Leon and it's dead easy once you're on the right fuse. Easy to test is #2 is indeed the cigarette lighter fuse, plug something into the socket, switch everything off then pull the fuse and switch the car back on. If it stops working you've got the right fuse. The manual might refer to the cigarette lighter socket as something else so worth a double check.

Can imagine someone here has done this with their Ibiza and can tell you exactly which fuse they've used :) Out of curiosity, what dashcam have you got?

Oct 9, 2019
Thanks for your reply,I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. I’ve located the fuse box now,so once it’s daylight again I’ll have a squint to locate position #2. It’s only a cheap camera I’m afraid,the brand is “Apeman”, it’s getting pretty good reviews on Amazon so hopefully it’s semi ok. Do you leave your camera in overnight?,I’m hoping that mine won’t be too visible once it’s mounted .
Regards.

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire
Ah, fair enough. I have a Nextbase 512GW that's certainly not a small footprint (only just managed to hide it behind the mirror). I leave my camera in more or less all the time.

Just went out and took some pictures - https://photos.app.goo.gl/toxjvaH5XRYhFigg6. Couldn't see the camera at all with water on the windscreen, it's a bit more visible with a clear windshield but still not that easy to spot.

During daytime it's obviously more visible, but at that point it's a massive risk/reward thing for thieves - smashing a window and making lots of noise for a dashcam isn't really worth it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.