Replacement battery 1.6TDI mk2 FL

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Seems over the colder months the battery in my 1.6TDI is starting to struggle, looking to source a replacement and seems I have an AGM battery at the moment so guessing I need to replace with the same.

Looking at this one...
https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/enduroline/096-agm/

I'll take some measurements before I swap out might be a stupid question but is there anything that needs to be considered swapping battery out, wondering about things like my remap, keys or head unit, settings or anything like that going wrong afterwards?

TIA

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmm, I could be wrong. But I thought AGM batteries were only required for stop/start. I didn't realise any of the MK2s had that. But yeah, basically measure the battery and get one of the same physical dimensions. Things like the radio (if it's stock) should be coded to the car's ECU so don't care about battery swaps. Remap wise, the only one I know of is Revo which resets the custom parameters back to zero. Which map is it you've got?

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Thanks for the reply - it does indeed have stop/start on my mk2 (not that I'm a big fan of it) and the current one which I'm assuming is OEM is a AGM.

Yeah I've read about the revo maps resetting which is why I was asking, it's a Shark Performance map (who unfortunatley aren't around in their previous guise any longer) but been on there a good few years now with no issues.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ah right... it is the AGM you need then. I'd match up the dimensions, amps and CCA as nearest to the current battery.

Once a car is mapped, it's mapped. The ECU is flashed so the software will remain. The only thing that can reset is if you have multiple configurations. Eg the tuner gave you an eco mode, performance mode, stock mode. So if you only have a single configuration the map will survive.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise