Bluetooth android phone connection

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Waiting (hopefully) for a Cupra ST Lux to arrive...
Currently, in my Ford Kuga, I leave bluetooth switched on on my phone and it automatically connects to the car so I can make and receive calls and texts. I don't use a usb cable as my phone has a 'magnetic charging plug' fitted and it's a pain to keep removing that.

So, when I get my new Cupra, can I do the same thing? All I can find in the manual suggests that the only thing bluetooth is used for is playing music from your phone....

Help please guys!!

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Bluetooth in my FR autoconnects and can be used for music and calls/messaging. It loads the phones contacts into the car so you can make calls from the central screen.

Reactions: Tivver500

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
As above, the BT phone connection works well but if you don't plug in via USB you'll miss out on the main benefits of Android Auto: Google maps, voice command, Spotify etc.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
As above, the BT phone connection works well but if you don't plug in via USB you'll miss out on the main benefits of Android Auto: Google maps, voice command, Spotify etc.

Thanks for that but when you get to my age all I need is phone!!!
Certainly can't be arsed to plug phone in every time - even if I remember to take it with me......
My TVR is 90's technology - but it does have a cd player in the boot!!!

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
Thanks for that but when you get to my age all I need is phone!!!
Certainly can't be arsed to plug phone in every time - even if I remember to take it with me......
My TVR is 90's technology - but it does have a cd player in the boot!!!
The phone connection lets you read texts too. You can send them by typing them out or using voice commands. If your phone's on silent you won't always notice if you get a new message through, it'll just pop up with a tiny envelope icon on the screen.

Reactions: Tivver500

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
And an £200 for car link if you want to access the extra android apps when connecting your phone