what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Dosent the ramair set up come with a heat shield. I see you kept the original cold air feed. I would fit another and clan your MAF sensor

Yeah there is a heat shield, its not huge but its there if you look closely.

I was looking at different cold air feed ducting on ebay, unless you can recommend one? I wasnt sure how effective they'd be to be honest!

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Is the tip in good condition?

I believe so, had my local VAG garage give the pipes a look at this week and he noticed perished PCV pipes which ive replaced (Bonus: the chap himself has had 5 Cupras lol. ) figure if the TIP was knackered he would have flagged it, i might go have a quick ganders anyway.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
I believe so, had my local VAG garage give the pipes a look at this week and he noticed perished PCV pipes which ive replaced (Bonus: the chap himself has had 5 Cupras lol. ) figure if the TIP was knackered he would have flagged it, i might go have a quick ganders anyway.
If it squashes quite easily then get an upgraded one

lightup

May 27, 2019
installed some adjustable control arms in the rear today, doing alignment tomorrow morning. think its going to be a big difference.

IMG-20200102-165256-739.jpg

IMG-20200102-165254-159.jpg

IMG-20200102-165250-576.jpg

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Well I fit my used door locks today once I removed them from a mk4 golf lol seen the guy who I was going to get some parts off today let me down and said not ready till midday tomorrow grr
I rang TPS to see if they where the same part number and they said no different but did the usual and had a look on eBay and found that they cross ref over so I removed them from the golf and fit them in the Leon and they fit and work
Also removed my rear top brake light just the drivers seat belt to do in the morning then pick up the parts if he has them ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lightup

May 27, 2019
Have been looking at creations but have seen split opinions on them, and SFS arent much more in cost! I did just speak to SFS and im debating whether to take the hour drive down there to collect one tomorrow hmmmmm
i dont think it really matter which one you take. they all should be similar price range i guess

lightup

May 27, 2019
But the 51mm doesn't fit on the standard k03s or? Only for hybrid turbos

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
the ko3s Tip did fit my k04-023 hybrid with some streching. ^^ i sold my badger tip again. since that gave more trouble to fit the puck and go in between the brake booster

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I've got to do this soon. Did you remove the plug from the window to do this, or is there a way of doing it without doing this?
I definitely took some short cuts ie not removing the wiring from regulator panel and just twisting it out the way. Also didnt remove the electric motor or quarter light glass or rubbers like the youtube videos recommend. Partly because I'm lazy but also most the plastics crack and break from experience and whilst less room to manoeuvre there is enough but does help with a spare pair of hands

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I definitely took some short cuts ie not removing the wiring from regulator panel and just twisting it out the way. Also didnt remove the electric motor or quarter light glass or rubbers like the youtube videos recommend. Partly because I'm lazy but also most the plastics crack and break from experience and whilst less room to manoeuvre there is enough but does help with a spare pair of hands

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for this - I can remember how much of a pain it was getting the plug in when the garage I used originally didn't put one in and I'd prefer not to have to do that again.

After thinking my door was going to be first to need sorting, got back from a bike ride to find I couldn't open the boot. No issues in ten years of owning it and all of a sudden it just doesn't work. I like to have a little warning...

Looking through the forum, it sounds like this is easy enough to sort - just that these things always happen when I've got a load of other things to sort first.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Buddy across the road from me gave me these today..

the forge is ridiculously sticky and doesn’t return, gonna tinker with that. creations one looks fine but don’t see much point in replacing the perfectly good Oem DV with it.

83CA9734-C29F-44D3-8826-A711FF1E7699.jpeg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members