Servicing question

Michael1a1

Oct 22, 2015
Just a quick servicing question,

I've just gone through 15k in my Cupra and the car is coming up telling me that and oil change service is due in the next 1k miles.

I'm on fixed servicing as confirmed by seat customer services for 20k or 24 months whichever occurs first.

So the question is with the oil service being due do i need to get it booked in for its first years service or do they offer an oil change service as an interim?

Cheers

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
In answer to your question, an oil change service is available. However, the cost difference between it and minor (15,000 km / 1 year) service is negligible.

On the MQB cars the inspection service and oil service are separate. The inspection element of the service will remain fixed at 30,000 km (c.18,700 miles) / 24 months; however, the oil service will be required when the car deems it necessary (and follows the variable sevice algorithm logic).

The variable servicing on the MQB cars is a bit of a con, as after the first 24 month interval, the inspection services are reduced to 12 months. I have always run my vehicles on the variable routines previously, but have opted for the annual/lower mile interval servicing on the Cupra.

Michael1a1

Oct 22, 2015
Thanks for that, think will just go ahead and get it booked in for its first year service then

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.