Recall Letter - For LED indicators

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
Just had a letter through the door telling me to contact my dealer for an On-Board Supply Control Unit software update because there is a chance the the dashboard will not inform me if there is a problem with the front LED turn signals.

Just wondering how many others have got this recall notice?

I don't need an internal display to tell me if they're working or not, I can see from the inside if they're working or not, especially at night as they light up the road signs within about a quarter mile of the car they are that bright!!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just had a letter through the door telling me to contact my dealer for an On-Board Supply Control Unit software update because there is a chance the the dashboard will not inform me if there is a problem with the front LED turn signals.

Just wondering how many others have got this recall notice?

I don't need an internal display to tell me if they're working or not, I can see from the inside if they're working or not, especially at night as they light up the road signs within about a quarter mile of the car they are that bright!!
It means that if the LED stops working, the car won't tell you. Where as it should tell you if any bulbs aren't working so can fix them. Othwerwise how would you know you have a brake light etc out.

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
It means that if the LED stops working, the car won't tell you. Where as it should tell you if any bulbs aren't working so can fix them. Othwerwise how would you know you have a brake light etc out.

I knew what it meant, but it only mentions a potential issue with the front LED turn signals, and I get that it's a safety issue, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea of the number of cars involved. Looking at TheSwede's post it obviously affects quite a few VAG vehicles

My last comment on the original post was meant tongue in cheek as you'd have to be blind to not realise they weren't working unless you only ever drove in the day... At night the front indicators are brighter than the s*dding headlights

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
According to the DVLA Recall notice R/2019/356 there are 23732 vehicles involved, so it looks like your not on your own!

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Haha yes the facelift, so should we be expecting a letter through or have only a few received them so far

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I’ve had the software update completed when my car was in the garage for some work a month or so ago. No letter received but it’s all sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
Sounds like they're sending them out/doing the work in batches rather than thousands of people calling on the same day to make an appointment.

womble68

Aug 8, 2009
Bebington, Wirral
Mine was done when it was serviced about a month ago. Glad if it makes the car safer.
Only thing I did have to do was reapply setting to fold the mirrors when I single press the lock as opposed to having to hold the button, hardly the worst thing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
We just got our recall for the Ateca for this issue. Seems reasonable to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RUM4MO

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
My July 2018 FR had the software update applied yesterday. The service dept. knew it was for the indicators but didn't know what had been changed! However they stated that I won't notice any difference!

digitaria

Jun 18, 2017
Hertfordshire, UK
Mine was done when it was serviced about a month ago. Glad if it makes the car safer.
Only thing I did have to do was reapply setting to fold the mirrors when I single press the lock as opposed to having to hold the button, hardly the worst thing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ah. That has happened with mine too. Serviced on Friday, they mentioned the software update and my mirrors no longer fold when I lock up. I'll probably reapply the OBDeleven change when I get around to it.

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Detected today. After the update I lost the un-lock / lock acoustic feedback settings (active via alarm signal). Also Acoustic lock as a setting I car locking menu. Easy done to activate it again with OBD11.

/Peter

Raglits

Jan 1, 2019
Mines going on for the update tomorrow, assuming I'll need to reset the folding mirrors afterwards looking at the responses above, I don't use the acoustics for lock/unlock, the mirrors moving is good enough

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Got my letter, booked in for next week. I have also set the one click folding mirrors via Carista so will see if it affects me as well. I have made a lot of changes with Carista in fact so I'll be quite disapointed if the updates wipes them all.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.