RACE CHIP (compatible with FR 150)

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
I'm not very knowledgeable on performance upgrades as such but a friend of mine has just purchased a race chip upgrade for his A3.
He says's it's a plug and play type of product and was wondering if anybody on here has something similar?
and is it as easy as plugging it in and just driving?
Are they

It's not something i've thought about before as i thought it was a lot more complicated but he has made it sound simple, which i'm skeptical about.

Thanks, and happy new year also!

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm not sure how much i was expecting them to be priced at but it wasn't that! ha.

After your experience with it , do you think it's worth the money?

Are there other options or are they all similar prices?

Yeah they may seem quite expensive but nothing compared to a proper map. Of course proper remaps are better for your car and can normally unlock a bit more potential but if you are wanting a quick fix for some extra oomph without voiding your warranty, a tuning box is the way forward.

I was hesitant spending the money to start with but in the end I decided to take one with the Bluetooth app which lets you switch the box off and on, change the map/ settings and see visuals like RPM and Boost on an app. To be honest I've never looked back, best £450 I've ever spent to be honest and the difference is night and day.

There are loads of other companies offering the same boxes all with similar gains and yeah they're typically all the same sort of price.

Reactions: OJ9693

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Yeah they may seem quite expensive but nothing compared to a proper map. Of course proper remaps are better for your car and can normally unlock a bit more potential but if you are wanting a quick fix for some extra oomph without voiding your warranty, a tuning box is the way forward.

I was hesitant spending the money to start with but in the end I decided to take one with the Bluetooth app which lets you switch the box off and on, change the map/ settings and see visuals like RPM and Boost on an app. To be honest I've never looked back, best £450 I've ever spent to be honest and the difference is night and day.

There are loads of other companies offering the same boxes all with similar gains and yeah they're typically all the same sort of price.

Thanks for your help :)

Reactions: davidstarkey11

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Remap will always give better gains than a tuning box

a tuning box has its advantages though, ease of removal being one if you ever encounter any problems and need any warranty work

Reactions: davidstarkey11
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise