Leon engine cover missing?

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
Now, before I go and make a fool of myself calling the local dealership... Does your Leon have an engine cover? Mine's a 2018 - 1.4 TSI FR and i *think* it had one.

I was in a local dealership recently for a software update and tire changes and when I was changing my windshield fluid today i noticed it's not there (i really don't open my hood for other reasons...) so I'm guessing they probably left is somewhere by mistake even though I don't know why would they be even opening the hood for the said update.

I tried googling the images and I found images of people with and without the cover so I'm a bit confused now

leon-engine.jpg

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
Have a 2014 1.4tsi and I haven't had a cover. Can't say I've seen a cover for them

Could be wrong still

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Coddy2200

Dec 28, 2019
I asked the same question last week on my 1.4TSI ACR FR Model which I’d just bought from a Seat Dealer and opened the bonnet for the 1st time to check levels and noticed no cover - other members on here replied it doesn’t have one so mines the same as yours.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
That’s the way my 1.4tsi is. No engine cover.

there’s another thread on here further down the page asking the same question and their engine is the same as yours.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
from what I have read seat's do not get the engine cover (cost saving)

but the audi and vw 1.4tsi's do so if you want one you can source from the equivalent audi/vw. obviously then change the badge to a seat one

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I've only seen the engine covers for the 1.6 and 2.0 TDIs, for the petrols I haven't yet. Unless recently they also removed it from their TDIs.

At least it's one less plastic thing to catch fire!

Saying that, when I had my Seat Leon and Seat Ibiza, I always had to hold it up and put the metal bar to hold the bonnet cover open. Now I have a Volvo V40, and the first time I held it up, looked around for this metal bar, and thought to myself, now this bonnet is very light, let it go, and it stayed open! It has gas struts!

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
You can buy a cover from VW which was fitted to some models (1.4tsi). I bought 1 to fit my old Polo GT and then fitted it to a Golf 1.4GT and then to a Leon FR (1.4FR) so they all use the same fittings.
You can buy the cover off aliexpress cheaper (takes3-4 weeks to arrive) and then buy a Cupra new style badge to cover the VW logo.
For fitting you also need the bracket, this fits where a bolt is already in place so remove the bolt, put bracket in place then refit bolt, the side of the cover has 2 pins which slot into 2 holes already in place and the fit is factory perfect :)

This is the cover i bought from aliexpress

KVlb5nG.jpg

Fitted with genuine new style Cupra badge

hD0iLxI.jpg

OSaXSBg.jpg

I still have it if you wanted to make an offer?

Reactions: OJ9693

Skipp

Oct 15, 2018
Thnx for all the replies. I don't care much about the cover, I was just confused after not seeing one since i thought i had one. Might've simply mixed it with my cousin's older Leon he got recently

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
You can buy a cover from VW which was fitted to some models (1.4tsi). I bought 1 to fit my old Polo GT and then fitted it to a Golf 1.4GT and then to a Leon FR (1.4FR) so they all use the same fittings.
You can buy the cover off aliexpress cheaper (takes3-4 weeks to arrive) and then buy a Cupra new style badge to cover the VW logo.
For fitting you also need the bracket, this fits where a bolt is already in place so remove the bolt, put bracket in place then refit bolt, the side of the cover has 2 pins which slot into 2 holes already in place and the fit is factory perfect :)

This is the cover i bought from aliexpress

KVlb5nG.jpg

Fitted with genuine new style Cupra badge

hD0iLxI.jpg

OSaXSBg.jpg

I still have it if you wanted to make an offer?

Thanks for commenting this, i wanted to buy one of these but couldn't work out where it was fixed to. What does the bracket look like that you need to buy?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Noticed other day on mine, mines a 2016 Leon 1.4. Just wondering if anyone has a link to the cover and a badge replacement too

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Reactions: OJ9693

KV100

May 14, 2019
I've fitted mine with the Audi engine cover part number 04E 103 925. It looks miles better
20211106_105059.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members