Res delete

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Ouch.
It sounds better in person, my phone makes it sound like someone is blowing through a can.
My brother has a res delete M140i and everyone says it sounds like a bag of spanners when it starts. It really deos sound grim.
Worse than that video. I agree phone audio makes things sound worse but the exhaust you have seems to be roaring ALL the time. Ideally I would want a low rumble at low revs, I don't think that is acheiveable with a 2 litre though.

Pops, Bangs and crackles are great, but without that throaty rumble to back it up, it sounds a bit forced.

Oct 27, 2019
I went to a mechanic to have the res deleted and he told me that deleting the res will **** up the back box and it might start sounding like a empty tin can.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Res delete on hatcback and res delete on ST is sounding different, as the rear part is different. For me, i didnt like the res delete on ST as it DID sound like a empty tin on certain rpm and with the cold exhaust.
Using Golf rear part or modding the stock mufflers inside to match the Golf ones are the best-bang-for-the-buck mod to ST exhaust.

Dec 20, 2019
I think with Golf rear backbox it should sound similar to oem ST. I ll try delete backbox with dual rs3 tips , and thats all

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
I think with Golf rear backbox it should sound similar to oem ST. I ll try delete backbox with dual rs3 tips , and thats all

I am using the Golf rear back boxes on my ST and it sound MUCH better than stock !

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.