Tyre Recommendations

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Looks like I need a set of front tyres ahead of next month's MOT. Thing is....I've only had them on since February last year, first time I've ever had tyres last less than 12 months.

I do drive my car harshly but seems the tyres must be pretty soft.

They're Yokohama Blu Earth, they've been great at holding onto the road in dry and wet but...I'd like something longer lasting without compromising handling too much.

Anyone any suggestions on budget/mid-range tyres?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Rainsports? I've had 2 sets for my Cupra so far and they've lasted quite well. Obviously I go through front faster than the rear.

Reactions: saveoursouls

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Looks like I need a set of front tyres ahead of next month's MOT. Thing is....I've only had them on since February last year, first time I've ever had tyres last less than 12 months.

I do drive my car harshly but seems the tyres must be pretty soft.

They're Yokohama Blu Earth, they've been great at holding onto the road in dry and wet but...I'd like something longer lasting without compromising handling too much.

Anyone any suggestions on budget/mid-range tyres?

Mitchelin PS4s will be the best tyres you can get. They will last you a long time so you will save money in the long run. Out of this world grip in the wet. But not very cheap to buy, but a good investment.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Mitchelin PS4s will be the best tyres you can get. They will last you a long time so you will save money in the long run. Out of this world grip in the wet. But not very cheap to buy, but a good investment.
I'd heard as much, I'm very tempted but yeah they are pricey. How do the cheaper Michelin's compare? I.e the energy save tyres.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Tbh if you drive hard, a year for a set of fronts isn’t crazy.
Have a pal withPS4....
Destroyed in under 9 months.
But it’s as you drive it.
Drive like your gran is in the passenger seat and they’ll last you ages, whatever you choose.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: saveoursouls
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.