Adding felt to interior trim.

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Hi all,

I recently bought some anti creek tape which I found useful to use in the little compartments inside the armrest (not more annoying coins hitting hard plastic surfaces :thumbup:) so this got me thinking of doing the glovebox and my door cards also.

Coming from an Audi to a leon I would say this is the biggest let down of the car as anything in the door cards sounds horrible when going around corners.

Has anyone done this or have any tips on what material/brand they used to do this with?

The anti creek tape I used does the job nicely but it only comes as 25mm wide which is obviously useless for door cards/glovebox.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
@Sword I used a non slip dash mat from Halfords. They do a big sheet and I just cut it to size and used double sided tape to secure it. Not used in glove box or door pockets, but it seems to work OK under arm rest and in drawer under driver's seat

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
@Sword I used a non slip dash mat from Halfords. They do a big sheet and I just cut it to size and used double sided tape to secure it. Not used in glove box or door pockets, but it seems to work OK under arm rest and in drawer under driver's seat

I was thinking it will need to be adhesive backed as using double sided tape on the door cards seems a bit fiddly. Double sided tape would work just fine on just about everywhere else though, certainly a cheaper method.

This is what i used.
Full set available on website.

Oh wow didn't know you could get these already pre cut!! Can't see an option for a 3 door on their website but I will sent them a message, this would save a lot of time. Thanks!

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Make sure they know right hand side car as they sent wrong set to me no matter posted to uk:banghead2
The glove box different shape.
I think mine grey colour set.and really good upgrade.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Specially glovebox and small storage under steering wheel but cupholder and armrest include set.

To be fair my glovebox is usually packed so nothing can move around :lol:
But defiantly a good idea, I'll look into this once I've finished the 5 other mods I'm half way through at the moment!

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
To be fair my glovebox is usually packed so nothing can move around :lol:
But defiantly a good idea, I'll look into this once I've finished the 5 other mods I'm half way through at the moment!
Yours is dsg?is the remap not killing the gearbox?

Zalify

Street’s closed pizza boy..
Jun 1, 2019
West Midlands
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Can anyone post the link to the soft felt upgrade in the video above? Also did yous message the seller or order straight from the website.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
... You beat me to it.
As @Norbert says make sure you say it's for right hand drive. Order via website. I did email them and got straight back to me. I found I had some gaps it front door pockets but I found some similar felt on amazon. So all's good.

Reactions: Norbert

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
... You beat me to it.
As @Norbert says make sure you say it's for right hand drive. I found I had some gaps it front door pockets but I found some similar felt on amazon. So all's good.
Same here just the passenger side was short a bit.because of the bend in the middle in the pocket.

Zalify

Jun 1, 2019
West Midlands
Thanks guys for the quick response. So my best option is to order it then email / what’s app the seller?

Zalify

Jun 1, 2019
West Midlands
... You beat me to it.
As @Norbert says make sure you say it's for right hand drive. Order via website. I did email them and got straight back to me. I found I had some gaps it front door pockets but I found some similar felt on amazon. So all's good.
Is the gap substantial? Also would you be able to link me to the felt that you found off amazon?

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019

Zalify

Jun 1, 2019
West Midlands
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.