Rattling linkage

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
My 2016 FR 1.4 had an annoying rattling sound earlier. I could tell straight away that the rattle was in the engine bay behind the clocks. I've just been out and found this linkage rattles like mad if you give it a wobble. Is there an easy fix or should I take it back to SEAT as it has warranty.
received_461405681194951.jpeg
received_458170191544100.jpeg
received_461405681194951.jpeg

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Sorry bit good luck with them.
See below:

Further to our telephone call on 19 September, I can confirm that SEAT UK are unable to forward any videos to a German Master Technician. This is because we rely on the information supplied by our Network of Approved SEAT Dealers and would not look to overturn their decision regarding diagnosis.

During our telephone conversation, I did confirm that if you are unhappy with the outcome from the previous diagnosis that was carried out, you are entitled to take it to another SEAT Dealer for a separate opinion however, this decision may not change.

I appreciate this is not the outcome you had hoped for and I would refer you to The Motor Ombudsman, a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider that we are happy to engage with through the ADR procedure. I have provided their contact details below:

Motor Ombudsman advice line: 0345 241 3008

Address:
The Motor Ombudsman
71 Great Peter Street
London
SW1P 2BN

Thank you for taking the time to contact SEAT UK.

Yours sincerely

Abby Orme

Executive Office
SEAT UK

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Yes.seat avoid all warranty job.
My new cupra after 3 week the battery was flat.Seat not replaced the battery just charged up.i had no car for 3 days...no curtesy car available just week later.
But the seat was happy to send AA and next day vw roadside assistance to do nothing.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
My year old seat numerous items have fallen off it, went to seat with a list as long as your arm and the reply i got was

“we are not too concerned about these plastic pieces just collect them and keep them in the boot”

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
My 2016 FR 1.4 had an annoying rattling sound earlier. I could tell straight away that the rattle was in the engine bay behind the clocks. I've just been out and found this linkage rattles like mad if you give it a wobble. Is there an easy fix or should I take it back to SEAT as it has warranty. View attachment 12345 View attachment 12344 View attachment 12345

Wastegate actuator? Quite a common thing, but at least you're in good company - Audi's have the same issue.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
My year old seat numerous items have fallen off it, went to seat with a list as long as your arm and the reply i got was

“we are not too concerned about these plastic pieces just collect them and keep them in the boot”
When the boot handle stayed in my hand, nissan told i need to pay for it.so all the same crap.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Seat dealership manager told me:next time buy an audi and they will fix it.
Hahahaha they actually do not give a monkeys

even when you go in with a common widespread fault all you get is “thats strange we have never seen that before” they are all crooks.

thats why i don’t mind that this is a lease car, it’s not my issue anymore so i care as little as they do i just wanted them to note all the broken bits / fallen off bits so i am not liable