MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

pmoore2007

Jan 6, 2020
just been told by LO my car isn't due now until 28/2, sent an email requesting cancellation so will see what they say
been a pleasure folks I wish things turned out differently but I'm not waiting another 7 weeks for a Seat on top of already waiting 22 weeks so far :')
what alternatives you got in mind with quick turnaround?My biggest issue is if I cancel how soon will another vehicle arrive.

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I wonder when the order books will open for the new shape. End of the month after the reveal?

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Not being funny but when they release the new one surely if we have nu updates will end up cancelling and ordering one of them

guess it will come down to price

andrew.scopes

Sep 14, 2019
I have mine on order with LO. Does anyone know if I could pick it up from the dealership in Leeds? I’d rather travel up and make a day of it.

Nope - I called the dealer direct and asked about this. All the cars are in a big secure area which you can’t get into unfortunately. Means they’ll have to drive it down to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sochaux

Jan 28, 2018
Nope - I called the dealer direct and asked about this. All the cars are in a big secure area which you can’t get into unfortunately. Means they’ll have to drive it down to you

I’m gonna have to think of something, maybe I’ll travel up to Leeds and they can deliver it to my hotel, only issue would be the timing as I couldn’t wait around all day. Any ideas :D

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Took a call from SEAT UK today. Seems the official statement is that all cars that were affected by the delay should have finished production by the end of week 5.

Mine (initially BW50) is going to be built between BW 3 and 4 and they are doing the cars in batches to try and clear the backlog. I have been offered some goodwill but they are negotiating that with the dealership so I am unsure what that will be yet.

I asked if they could confirm when delivery will be and if they could make sure it is in or after March which they said was fine.

Could be they want to get all the backlog on a ship before 31st Jan in case they get stuck with Brexit charges. Wouldn't affect mainland European deliveries. Be interesting to see which ship is earmarked......

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
I’ll just leave this here...

718cf8cc7bc74f24c7f72c8ebaec3a94.jpg

That was a fairly spirited drive.

After nearly 1500 miles since 15th Nov, we are averaging 21mpg. It gets driven 50/50 by my wife and I and she gives it a little bit of hammer every so often. It doesn’t spend much time on a motorway.

If it was mine I reckon I’d be averaging 19.

For those of you still waiting, remember you ordered it because you fell in love with it on the test drive. Almost two months in and after a complete farce leading up to delivery, we are impressed every time we drive it. Hang in there — it’ll be worth the wait!

d407112bf28dccc0d4e4f1ae1407bf97.jpg

We also received considerable compensation from SEAT UK, plus a few bits of CUPRA merchandise and a meal out. They got there in the end.

5a88f18b0ef94aada61b7b8272a06d6f.jpg

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
I’ll just leave this here...

718cf8cc7bc74f24c7f72c8ebaec3a94.jpg

That was a fairly spirited drive.

After nearly 1500 miles since 15th Nov, we are averaging 21mpg. It gets driven 50/50 by my wife and I and she gives it a little bit of hammer every so often. It doesn’t spend much time on a motorway.

If it was mine I reckon I’d be averaging 19.

For those of you still waiting, remember you ordered it because you fell in love with it on the test drive. Almost two months in and after a complete farce leading up to delivery, we are impressed every time we drive it. Hang in there — it’ll be worth the wait!

d407112bf28dccc0d4e4f1ae1407bf97.jpg

We also received considerable compensation from SEAT UK, plus a few bits of CUPRA merchandise and a meal out. They got there in the end.

5a88f18b0ef94aada61b7b8272a06d6f.jpg

4563bb1a74efd1c5146cd234d58a54ef.jpg

Totally agree. Whilst the waiting is very annoying, the car is worth the wait. Not covered as many miles, mostly short journeys to work I’m happy with the mpg I’m getting. Especially as I live in a very hilly part of Yorkshire!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members