MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
4563bb1a74efd1c5146cd234d58a54ef.jpg

Totally agree. Whilst the waiting is very annoying, the car is worth the wait. Not covered as many miles, mostly short journeys to work I’m happy with the mpg I’m getting. Especially as I live in a very hilly part of Yorkshire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have done nearly 1,000 miles now in mine and I have been really impressed, a few long journeys over Christmas and it's a very good all round car. Went from London to York and got 37.2 mpg on the way up and about 33 mpg on the way back. Short journeys in town are normally in the high teens on the mpg, but hey we didn't buy this car for the mpg figures. My only real moan is something I have seen a few complaints about and that is the fact that when you want to accelerate, even lightly, the DSG feels the need to kick down a gear which I really do not like.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I have done nearly 1,000 miles now in mine and I have been really impressed, a few long journeys over Christmas and it's a very good all round car. Went from London to York and got 37.2 mpg on the way up and about 33 mpg on the way back. Short journeys in town are normally in the high teens on the mpg, but hey we didn't buy this car for the mpg figures. My only real moan is something I have seen a few complaints about and that is the fact that when you want to accelerate, even lightly, the DSG feels the need to kick down a gear which I really do not like.
Probably an eco thing since when it is in cupra it holds gears longer anyway.

Same thing happens in my brothers M140. I got a bit of a shock yesterday when I went to speed up after a lorry pulled in on the A14 and dropped from 7th to 4th and ended up at 100 mph before i got past the lorry.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Probably an eco thing since when it is in cupra it holds gears longer anyway.

Same thing happens in my brothers M140. I got a bit of a shock yesterday when I went to speed up after a lorry pulled in on the A14 and dropped from 7th to 4th and ended up at 100 mph before i got past the lorry.
Ha, yeah that's what I find, you accelerate, nothing happens whilst the DSG decides to change down, so you press the throttle a bit more and then suddenly you are a gear lower, the revs are high, the turbo is going nuts and you are doing 40mph more that you meant to! All good fun and I'm learning to be a little lighter with my right foot! :drive2:

andrew.scopes

Sep 14, 2019
I’m gonna have to think of something, maybe I’ll travel up to Leeds and they can deliver it to my hotel, only issue would be the timing as I couldn’t wait around all day. Any ideas :D

I think that is possible..and then you get the pleasure of the long drive down! Best call and ask?

andrew.scopes

Sep 14, 2019
I ordered through forces cars and the car is being delivered on a flatbed. Are you concerned about them delivering it with a driver?

Mine was driven down to me - unfortunately they put a scuff in the alloy before it was handed over

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Sorry to hijack a bit guys, but I suppose we might all be in the same boat regarding insuring our new cars (those who have got them now!)

Leaseplan are saying they need to be the registered owner and keeper of the car, but Morethan won't insure me unless I am the registered keeper.. anyone had this issue with the same or other insurance? Car is on a PCH lease.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Sorry to hijack a bit guys, but I suppose we might all be in the same boat regarding insuring our new cars (those who have got them now!)

Leaseplan are saying they need to be the registered owner and keeper of the car, but Morethan won't insure me unless I am the registered keeper.. anyone had this issue with the same or other insurance? Car is on a PCH lease.
How can they be the registered keeper if they dont "keep" the car on their property?

Also if they want to deal with all your speeding fines then let them have it... :drive1:

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
How can they be the registered keeper if they dont "keep" the car on their property?

I've had a google and there are quite a few sites saying the lease company would be the registered owner and keeper. I also find it very strange.. That means my current lease has been potentially running with void insurance if its true lol

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019

Also if they want to deal with all your speeding fines then let them have it... :drive1:

A lease is, in effect, a long term rental (indeed, the financial term is Personal Contract Hire). You aren't the keeper of a hire car on holiday, same principle here. So yes, any fines will get sent to the lease company who will either nominate you as the driver or pay and charge you admin fees for the priveledge.

Reactions: Jonesy_Cupra

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
A lease is, in effect, a long term rental (indeed, the financial term is Personal Contract Hire). You aren't the keeper of a hire car on holiday, same principle here. So yes, any fines will get sent to the lease company who will either nominate you as the driver or pay and charge you admin fees for the priveledge.
Going off this, insurance goes up £150 annually if reg keeper and legal owner is changed from me to lease company, not too much to be concerned over. But it didn’t know lease company had to be reg keeper too nice one for the heads up!

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Well done that man!!! I do see that Aquarius Ace leaves Barcelona on 2nd Feb..... next stop Sheerness (hopefully they can drop mine off there as it's not far from Southampton....) FCD reckon I can pick it up from the dealers there :think:.

SEAT also use the Pegasus Ace so look at the dates for that one also.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
SEAT also use the Pegasus Ace so look at the dates for that one also.

Look at the schedule 'The Daily Meme' posted - it's in there.
They also occasionally use the Comet Ace but that's heading for Turkey......

Aquarius & Pegasus can carry 6,000 cars between them.... (if they're built and ready!!!)

pmoore2007

Jan 6, 2020
My current car will be due to go back end of Feb.Any idea if I can avoid doing a service on it before I send it back. Strictly speaking service is due end of this month? Anyone else have the same issue with returning a car but service due soon?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
Ha, yeah that's what I find, you accelerate, nothing happens whilst the DSG decides to change down, so you press the throttle a bit more and then suddenly you are a gear lower, the revs are high, the turbo is going nuts and you are doing 40mph more that you meant to! All good fun and I'm learning to be a little lighter with my right foot! :drive2:

Isn't there a switch that you can feel with your right foot? Right at the very end of the pedal's travel? With a bit of learning it's easy to plant your foot to this switch, but not beyond it and get kickdown.
Unfortunately I haven't had my car for very long so personally I can't confirm.

Reactions: Joe wants his Cupra
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.