Seat or Cupra?

Trethvor

Jan 10, 2020
Just collected my new Comfort & Sound model, Crystal Black, yesterday. It was a very challenging experience trying to insure it beforehand - given that nobody seems to know what/who Cupra is, including Seat’s own insurance arm, Compare the Market.com etc. The latter doesn’t list the car so I dumped them and ended up at Go Compare with a decent quote. The guy at Seat’s complementary insurance office flatly refused to register me saying it wasn’t a Seat! More fool me for pointing out at the start of the conversation that it was a Cupra, not a Seat. I rang back later, got a different guy and having learnt my lesson, breezed through the registration process after announcing I wanted to insure a “Seat Cupra Ateca”.
The whole brand is in a twilight world hanging between being a Seat or a Cupra. The world is divided by believing it to be either - or both. At the Seat dealer I was given a bag of goodies with my new car; yes you guessed it - every item branded Seat - not a Cupra bauble in sight!
Guess I’ve got months of this confusion to come. I don’t care. Love the car and took a very long route home.

Trethvor

Jan 10, 2020
Inside the red zip up SEAT bag was; a SEAT towel, a SEAT key ring, a SEAT metal water bottle, a SEAT multi adaptor phone connector, spot the theme? I think I might have bought a SEAT.

Reactions: BoyRacer

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
Yep reg docs and Insurance in most instances class it as a Seat Cupra Ateca.
I only got the phone multi adaptor as a goodie, but did get a good deal on trade in and OK price discount so was happy.
In fact, I would go as far as to say, of all the cars I have owned, this is my favourite by far.
It's not perfect, not much is these days, but I am pleased as punch with mine :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.