Clunking after new clutch

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Had a new clutch and DMF fitted after the old one failed and it drives fine, except I'm getting a weird noise when I release the clutch pedal and the gear engages. It also makes the noise when I just start up the car. It's a clunk-clunk-clunk or rat-tat-tat. You can hear it on this sound clip at the beginning and the end: www.violetmount.com/lcr/noise.mp4

Any ideas?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Had a new clutch and DMF fitted after the old one failed and it drives fine, except I'm getting a weird noise when I release the clutch pedal and the gear engages. It also makes the noise when I just start up the car. It's a clunk-clunk-clunk or rat-tat-tat. You can hear it on this sound clip at the beginning and the end: www.violetmount.com/lcr/noise.mp4

Any ideas?

Damn bud. Doesn’t sound good.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Right, took it for a longer drive and it doesn't seem to be connected directly to the clutch. Still makes the noise when you start with the clutch in, but I can also make it rattle just going over bigger bumps. Engaging a gear is just a way to create a vibration that causes the noise I think.
Mechanic who did the clutch is coming round next week to take a look.
Could be a heat shield or something I suppose.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I had noises from my car after a clutch and dmf swap... The dog bone mount hadn't been reconnected properly!

Took it as an opportunity to upgrade. Hope yours is something simple like that mate (cant play the audio as Im at work)

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester

Attachments

• clutch1.jpg
    clutch1.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 103
  • clutch2.jpg
    clutch2.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 84
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise