MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
And the fact that the new one is a 241 BHP electric hybrid
Yeah that's not what I'd want.
Isn't there a switch that you can feel with your right foot? Right at the very end of the pedal's travel? With a bit of learning it's easy to plant your foot to this switch, but not beyond it and get kickdown.
Unfortunately I haven't had my car for very long so personally I can't confirm.
Yes, it has kickdown. I personally only find a delay in DSG response in Eco and Comfort settings. In sport and Cupra the response is spot on.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I’ll just leave this here...

718cf8cc7bc74f24c7f72c8ebaec3a94.jpg

That was a fairly spirited drive.

After nearly 1500 miles since 15th Nov, we are averaging 21mpg. It gets driven 50/50 by my wife and I and she gives it a little bit of hammer every so often. It doesn’t spend much time on a motorway.

If it was mine I reckon I’d be averaging 19.

For those of you still waiting, remember you ordered it because you fell in love with it on the test drive. Almost two months in and after a complete farce leading up to delivery, we are impressed every time we drive it. Hang in there — it’ll be worth the wait!

d407112bf28dccc0d4e4f1ae1407bf97.jpg

We also received considerable compensation from SEAT UK, plus a few bits of CUPRA merchandise and a meal out. They got there in the end.

5a88f18b0ef94aada61b7b8272a06d6f.jpg
I think the hatchback is a bit more frugal with fuel, which is to be expected as it's around 200kg lighter and doesn't drive the rear wheels. I took this a few months ago. It's pretty much the same now with more miles on the clock. I get stuck in a lot of traffic which brings the MPG down a lot. I like to drive like I stole it when I get the chance.
IMG-20191219-WA0001.jpeg

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Yeah that's not what I'd want.

Yes, it has kickdown. I personally only find a delay in DSG response in Eco and Comfort settings. In sport and Cupra the response is spot on.
I'm normally in comfort mode as I'm either sat in London traffic or going around the M25, so I will have to experiment with a different setting next time I'm out on a decent bit of road to see if I get the same.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I'm normally in comfort mode as I'm either sat in London traffic or going around the M25, so I will have to experiment with a different setting next time I'm out on a decent bit of road to see if I get the same.
I'm the same up here stuck on the Edinburgh bypass or in the 20 mph restricted centre. As soon as I get out of the city though and I want a bit of fun I'm out of comfort and into sport. It idles higher to keep the turbo spooled and also keeps it in lower gears for longer so don't expect decent mpg haha.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
I'm the same up here stuck on the Edinburgh bypass or in the 20 mph restricted centre. As soon as I get out of the city though and I want a bit of fun I'm out of comfort and into sport. It idles higher to keep the turbo spooled and also keeps it in lower gears for longer so don't expect decent mpg haha.
The wife has family in Edinburgh so I have spent many an hour stuck on that dam bypass as well, but at least you don't have to go far to find some fun roads up there!

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
On the cusp of ordering mine - 290 DSG in Magnetic Grey (or Urban Silver - oh, I don't know!)

If I go for grey, delivery possibly by third week of March. Buying outright, no lease, for £21,495 (plus extended warranty)

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The wife has family in Edinburgh so I have spent many an hour stuck on that dam bypass as well, but at least you don't have to go far to find some fun roads up there!
That's a good point and i've literally just done this. Went up a junction from where I live and took the car down some windy A roads for some fun, and it was definitely fun.
I don't think I've owned a car before that I've driven just for the sake of driving.

Reactions: LevoForest

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
22k for a new cupra?
Yep. I paid that for my Lux back in March. Paid it outright so that was the OTR price. The standard was just under £21k at the time.

Most who bought outright got it from motorsource. They seemed to do the best deals. @Betts-4 paid just £21k for their Lux! And I thought I'd got a bargain.

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
That's a good point and just i've literally just done this. Went up a junction from where I live and took the car down some windy A roads for some fun, and it was definitely fun.
I don't think I've owned a car before that I've driven just for the sake of driving.
Bloody hell you make me want mine too much stop making me jealous please

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
On the cusp of ordering mine - 290 DSG in Magnetic Grey (or Urban Silver - oh, I don't know!)

If I go for grey, delivery possibly by third week of March. Buying outright, no lease, for £21,495 (plus extended warranty)
Please go Silver. I don't want any more magnetic Grey's on the road haha.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
"Wheels C8R 19" 'CUPRA Machined' alloy wheels 30/2 with 235/35 R19 91Y tyres"

Has the wheel style changed from the double five spoke I see on most 2019 examples here on the forum? The one quoted above is from the current SEAT website configurator and looks nothing like them.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
"Wheels C8R 19" 'CUPRA Machined' alloy wheels 30/2 with 235/35 R19 91Y tyres"

Has the wheel style changed from the double five spoke I see on most 2019 examples here on the forum? The one quoted above is from the current SEAT website configurator and looks nothing like them.
I think the configurator is wrong. It has had numerous errors over the last year. When I bought mine it showed a panoramic roof as standard and a cream interior! The latest brochure tends to be the most accurate.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I think the hatchback is a bit more frugal with fuel, which is to be expected as it's around 200kg lighter and doesn't drive the rear wheels. I took this a few months ago. It's pretty much the same now with more miles on the clock. I get stuck in a lot of traffic which brings the MPG down a lot. I like to drive like I stole it when I get the chance.
View attachment 12374

My average since I got the car is about 30 mpg. Not too bad for an ST, I think the DSG 7 helps a bit compared to the old too.

If I drive carefully, mostly highway, I can do 38 mpg. But I've only done that once when I really tried, that's not why I got this car :clown:

Reactions: andrew.scopes

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
I think the configurator is wrong. It has had numerous errors over the last year. When I bought mine it showed a panoramic roof as standard and a cream interior! The latest brochure tends to be the most accurate.

Yeah, I've realised over the last few months that the SEAT website is less than reliable for car data and specs.

Can you link me to the latest brochure? - I've given up trying to find out what I want to know...

And.... does the non-Lux have a push button start/stop system?

Thanks.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Yeah, I've realised over the last few months that the SEAT website is less than reliable for car data and specs.

Can you link me to the latest brochure? - I've given up trying to find out what I want to know...

And.... does the non-Lux have a push button start/stop system?

Thanks.

https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/seat_ra_file/leon-brochure-december-2019.pdf

Latest brochure from December linked.

None Lux doesn't have the start/stop button for the ignition. It does have the start/stop system with a button to deactivate. Not sure which one you were asking about.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.