potential new mk3 owner

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Just bought MrsMaypack an FR Black with the 1.5 150bhp so she should be very happy having previously a Leon Xcellence 1.4 125bhp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just after i got mine the FR sport came out which i was gutted about, and then the FR Black came out which i was even more gutted about :(

there is now a remap available for the 130 and 150 and luckily they both remap to 180bhp so thats a slight positive

Reactions: Maypack

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
All cars now start at £145 (just checked has went up again) per year, that is the lowest band, unless you have an electric car that is £0 per year

Got to make their money somehow eh?

Raking in as much as they can before every car is electric!

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
I got a 1.4 fr 150 2016 plate about 6 weeks ago for about £10200 with 13k on the clock. Just keep looking, I live in sheffield and traveled to leicester for it and my 2nd choice was in derby again for decent spec and good milage.

As for the manual which I got, the gear box is bit clunky and takes some getting used to and the bite was different compared to my Ibiza so again took some getting used to. Daft question I know an automatic does everything for you in regards to gears, is there a difference with the MPG compared to a manual?

I would be half tempted to get an automatic next time if it does, like you state, I sit in traffic every morning going to work.

My Road tax is £30

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I got a 1.4 fr 150 2016 plate about 6 weeks ago for about £10200 with 13k on the clock. Just keep looking, I live in sheffield and traveled to leicester for it and my 2nd choice was in derby again for decent spec and good milage.

As for the manual which I got, the gear box is bit clunky and takes some getting used to and the bite was different compared to my Ibiza so again took some getting used to. Daft question I know an automatic does everything for you in regards to gears, is there a difference with the MPG compared to a manual?

I would be half tempted to get an automatic next time if it does, like you state, I sit in traffic every morning going to work.

My Road tax is £30
DSG is worse on mpg, not much in it though

Reactions: Wilkesy
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.