RVC reversing camera installed

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
That's a shame, but he does sell just the parts too.

So if you could fit yourself / get someone it fit, it will look and work like the factory fit version?

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Proper fitting looks/work as factory fitted.factory retrofit set cost around £300ish just part.not worth that money just camera and some wires.aftermarket camera use same connections points.The latest camera i fitted really good quality picture and from germany.

Christian

May 16, 2018
Denmark
Proper fitting looks/work as factory fitted.factory retrofit set cost around £300ish just part.not worth that money just camera and some wires.aftermarket camera use same connections points.The latest camera i fitted really good quality picture and from germany.
What camera did you use and does it require coding beside OBD?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
anyone what the genuine camera part number is ?
At this price, I wouldn't bother with a genuine one, unless you're lucky and could find one at a breakers.

upload_2020-1-26_9-19-50.png

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
The genuine camera from SEAT is around £185. I looked into this recently. Price and part numbers vary slightly depending on if you have a pre facelift car or not, and vehicle shape (ie 3 or 5 door or estate). You also have to factor in the camera bracket that fits into the rear bumper which is another £30 ish in top.

Part list for a Facelift MK3 5 door hatch as follows:

5F0807210 (Rear bumper camera support)
6C0807151 (Rear bumper camera end cap)
3Q0980121T (Rear camera)

-antero-

Sep 22, 2017
Estonia
Can you share as to what part numbers you have used? Coding etc.......
For FR I used 5Q0980568A and for Cupra 5Q0980556B. Both ordered from vwModule. If I remember correctly price was about 150 - 180 euros (cables included). Coding manual was included but camera parametrization has to be made for VW not for Škoda :)

Dec 21, 2019
I've got an FR black edition on order but it doesn't appear to have the rear camera. How much would a dealer charge to install a camera?

Jan 8, 2020
United Kingdom
Got my camera installed at the weekend. £400 fitted (could have bought the parts for £270 if I was confident of fitting myself). Included a wedge style camera fitted inbetween the 2 reg plate lights. Looks very good and working well - activates with the reverse gear like the factory fitted version.

Attachments

• 996E1CD3-B8EE-4217-9DDF-8EF165EC9573.jpeg
    996E1CD3-B8EE-4217-9DDF-8EF165EC9573.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 358

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Looks good. The screen display is slightly different to factory fitted cameras but I prefer yours. The image area of the vehicle outline with the sensor proximity lines is more opaque so you can see more of the camera image.

Jan 8, 2020
United Kingdom
Looks good. The screen display is slightly different to factory fitted cameras but I prefer yours. The image area of the vehicle outline with the sensor proximity lines is more opaque so you can see more of the camera image.

Yeah that always annoyed me with the factory fitted ones (had it in my old VW Polo and my current T-Roc). Really cannot complain at the quality vs the price. Reverse camera was something I felt the FR trim should have had as standard...

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Yeah that always annoyed me with the factory fitted ones (had it in my old VW Polo and my current T-Roc). Really cannot complain at the quality vs the price. Reverse camera was something I felt the FR trim should have had as standard...

This must be the way the fitter has coded it within the car?

jaystahh

Mar 27, 2016
Anyone in london who can activate my rvc its got the wiring harness and everything all connected and the camera is working as i can see the inferred through my camera but i cant seem to find anyone who can activate it. My cars a seat leon mk3 2014 with satnav

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.