Worn brake pads light?

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
So, today I found an option in module 17 (obdeleven) that says:
Break lining wear indicator with brake system indicator light

and it's not active. I have an mk3 facelift (2018) so I assumed that the pads would have a dash ligh enabled by default when worn out. Does this flag mean something else or is indeed the brake pad worn out dash light?

Thanks.

Mr_G

Oct 23, 2019
Not familiar with obdeleven but I'm guessing that unless the car is fitted with actual wear sensors then its based on a combination of average wear / mileage and probably wont be very accurate - might be something that's enabled for certain markets to meet regs though.

iNowack

Feb 23, 2017
Belgrade
Pads on my prefacelift 2.0 150ps diesel FR Tech pack. was almost totally worn out as i assumed that warrning light will turn on as its clearly visible everytime i get contact and my dash is sweep tested. Upon pad change i saw that there is no worn sensor on pads and as new pads came with sensor and cable i expected that i can plug it somwhere but there was no connection where to plug that sensor (cable).

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
I'm just trying to figure whether or not that option relates to the worn sensors and/or do I have on my pads as I don't have a clue. Is there any easy way to see if my pads have a sensor or not?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.