Leon FR184 2.0 Diesel unknown sound

Jan 5, 2020
Good evening all.

I have a 16 plate Leon FR184 Diesel hatchback and am enjoying every second of owning it. However lately I have noticed this odd noise when the engine is started (cold engine only) and then when car gets to its normal temperature no noise is present.

I am struggling to find out where the sound is coming from exactly therefore hoping some of you might help. Mileage is 59,000 at the moment. See link below for my video and you should be able to hear that repetitive sound. Kindly appreciate your help.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Strange sound that sounds like a bearing of somesorts but thats hard to distinguish that sound

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Sounds like it could be the start of the belt tensioner pulley. Mine was a lot louder than that. More noticeable on cold mornings. I had it all replaced under warranty. It came back a few weeks later and they ended up replacing the cambelt. Touch wood, it's been fine since.

Rookiereece

Jun 6, 2019
I had a similar problem, waterpump was leaking and the small circuit board within it was getting wet, think it causes a fuse to blow

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members