Engine "lag"/"gap"/"pause"

robotsyte

May 26, 2017
Hi all,

I'm not from an english country, so I'm not really sure what is the right word for my problem so I tried to describe it and hope if you know better word share it with me.
My car type is (Seat Ibiza Mk4 2002 1.4 16v BBY)
The problem is happening since 5-6 years, when I'm driving the engine lost the power for a short time (1s) and everything going well again. No fault code generating, nothing what we could read out from the ECU by my service man. This "lag" can happens 3 times per a day, or just one time in 3 months, also happening in summer and in the winter time, with high rpm and also with low rpm. Also some times happening when I drive or when my wife drive the car....
So as you see I cannot find any reason when it happens, but believe me, 5-6 six year can be enought to find it if it has.
I read exactly the same problem with the same type of car in another forum, but the answare was, just to be an electrical connectivity issue, somewhere in the cabeling, but this to find is almost impossible.
Has anyone heard about this problem?
I could leave with the issue, but now the time is comming when I want to sell my car, but with this problem, It is not possible.

Thanks for your help.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Have you tried cleaning the TB, ie Throttle Body and getting it to perform Basic Settings.

My wife's old 2002 Polo with that engine did give that sort of feeling a few times, it is a bit like transmission shunt during small throttle demands and low engine load, like when on the over run, ie you have backed off the throttle pedal.

robotsyte

May 26, 2017
Have you tried cleaning the TB, ie Throttle Body and getting it to perform Basic Settings.

My wife's old 2002 Polo with that engine did give that sort of feeling a few times, it is a bit like transmission shunt during small throttle demands and low engine load, like when on the over run, ie you have backed off the throttle pedal.

Thanks for your answer!

I cleaned it few years ago, didn't help, but I can try to clean it again.

For me it is a bit harder the I just backed off the throttle pedal, more like the engine lost the ignition for a short time. If I just release the throttle pedal, the car makes slowing, with the issue, feeling like I push the break a bit.