FR owners, how do you deal with fake exhausts?

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

I want to do something to hide fake exhausts. What do you guys do with them? Replacing whole rear diffuser seems to be costly. Film wrap? Plastidip? Is it possible to take them off the car for example for plastidip'ing?

kwlw

Nov 22, 2019
But that's cupra styling.
cupra-ibiza-003h.jpg

Why fake racing should pretend it's fake cupra? Especially with punny 3 potter. People who know cars - will clearly see it's fake. People who don't - don't see such details. Probably I am too old to understand that.

Reactions: Mr Pig

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
If you really don't like them, you can always paint / spray them gloss black...me personally I prefer real exhaust, or semi real (eg...there's a hole in the chrome trim, and the real exhausts are beyond, but smoke/steam still exit), but real exhaust, well you need to clean and polish them, fake ones are always sparkly!

williamxb

Mar 11, 2019
Oxfordshire

I was looking at an Ibiza before I ended up with my Leon and I must say that's the best looking way around the fake exhaust issue!

Regarding kwlw's mention of the Cupra Ibiza - people who know cars will know that car doesn't exist... (as much as I'd love to see a good competitor to the Fiesta ST that's not as boring as the Polo GTI!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.