2.0 tdi 150 engine vibration up to 1400rpm question?

Paulo16

Jun 13, 2019
Huddersfield
Hi guys

I’m starting to get some engine vibration mainly through the steering from tick over up to 1400 rpm and then again at 2000rpm. Mileage is 64,000. You can feel it slightly through the chassis but mainly steering wheel. You don’t feel it if you release the steering wheel adjusting lever. You mostly aware around town when revs are rising and falling through that range.
Thoughts are possibly engine mounts wearing or could it be injector/fuel system cleaning needed. I use good fuel in it and stay away from supermarket fuels.
Anyone else had similar issues? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Is it a manual? Is the vibration the 'engine labouring' vibration? I mean for diesels ideally you should change up at approx 2k revs. Or is this vibration a new thing?

Paulo16

Jun 13, 2019
Huddersfield
It’s manual and no it’s not a labouring issue bud. It has crept in over the last couple of thousand miles. I’ve also noticed that the tick over vibration is more apparent when sat in traffic uphill so I’m guessing engine mounts too.

Does anyone know how many and where they are located. Thx.

Paulo16

Jun 13, 2019
Huddersfield
Turned out to be the DMF. Done under warranty. New clutch added by me at cost during fitting. Thx.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Im guessing the noise / vibration went away when you depressed the clutch, dmf’s are the devil

Paulo16

Jun 13, 2019
Huddersfield
Im guessing the noise / vibration went away when you depressed the clutch, dmf’s are the devil

No that actually made no difference. Mechanic said it was slightly out of balance and when any load was on it you would feel the vibration.
All engine mounts were fine too. They also did a software update on the steering control unit prior as that was a fault too on earlier mk3’s but made no difference other than it now feels firmer in normal driving mode.
Have to say that Seat Huddersfield have been very good and have looked after me well.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
No that actually made no difference. Mechanic said it was slightly out of balance and when any load was on it you would feel the vibration.
All engine mounts were fine too. They also did a software update on the steering control unit prior as that was a fault too on earlier mk3’s but made no difference other than it now feels firmer in normal driving mode.
Have to say that Seat Huddersfield have been very good and have looked after me well.

Thats a good spot from them then, usually a failing dmf rattles like mad at idle and dipping the clutch gets it to shut up. Im impressed they spotted that.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.