The ultimate front splitter thread

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
My CUPRA has the Reiger front splitter and it may not look aggressive as the Maxton but I like the way it finishes the front off.

d76a04a985b519cdaa5d13a3aeec3d0c.plist
617d5a72834f21d0d20a488277e8707b.jpg

That does look awesome @Maypack in terms of fitting does it sit flush or does it involve messing about with it?

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Right guys I would appreciate some advice I have the facelift model 2017 cupra and wanting a front splitter but cannot make my mind up between Maxton or Reiger. Maxton does look more aggressive my Cupra is black so not sure how much of difference one would make in terms of standing out.

I went with the Rdx race design splitter
907151D3-386B-4EC4-B924-3A2FB03E2AE8.jpeg
98F6C7B0-2296-4123-80BB-04DF8743A1B5.jpeg

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The Maxton front splitter does look more aggressive but for me it has to be the Rieger one all the way. I might of had a hand in convincing @Maypack to purchase his one after he saw mine at one of the SCN car meets.
6ba2f3804638c9019254cff90928cf91.jpg
9af81f6c58e6a6feccebf9cb25de4729.jpg
3e8f31251494e7349a319d7b8ed20997.jpg
7af8c3d9a1edb67242a260728b74666a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Dogs!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Thanks guys I have got a decision to make but looks like it is siding with reiger even though maxton are literally 10 minutes away from where I live and can pick up straight away. I was just more cautious as how the reiger would look on my car especially with it being black if any of anyone would actually notice if there was a splitter attached. If my car was any other colour it would be a no brainer I would defo go for reiger.

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks guys I have got a decision to make but looks like it is siding with reiger even though maxton are literally 10 minutes away from where I live and can pick up straight away. I was just more cautious as how the reiger would look on my car especially with it being black if any of anyone would actually notice if there was a splitter attached. If my car was any other colour it would be a no brainer I would defo go for reiger.
Get it painted to match :)

Reactions: R45HU

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Is there anywhere that sells the Reiger for less than the £198 on eBay and anywhere that stocks it in Matt black?

Thanks
I know there is a guy that sells the Maxton stuff on eBay, but if you buy it off him through Instagram he knocks the price down. There might be something similar for Reiger but I had the same problem as you. Plus most of their photos are just photoshopped on rather than actual pictures of their stuff. Doesn’t fill you with confidence when buying from a reseller.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I know there is a guy that sells the Maxton stuff on eBay, but if you buy it off him through Instagram he knocks the price down. There might be something similar for Reiger but I had the same problem as you. Plus most of their photos are just photoshopped on rather than actual pictures of their stuff. Doesn’t fill you with confidence when buying from a reseller.
If its genuine Reigar stuff, its fine. However Maxton customer service does not fill you with confidence. However if you want something from Maxton, hang fire as one of the site sponsors will be selling their stuff and their customer service is better ;)

Last edited:

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
If its genuine Reiagar stuff its fine. However Maxton customer service does not fill you with confidence. However if you want something from Maxton, hang fire as one of the site sponsors will be selling their stuff and their customer service is better ;)
Based on my brothers experience with Maxton, the product quality is crap too. They say it is 3D printed but it looks more like it is dye cast or injection moulded plastic becasue of how uneven the dimensions are

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Hello, I want to put front splitter rieger and what would be the method to assemble? Do I just need to drill? Or is it necessary to paste?

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Hello, I want to put front splitter rieger and what would be the method to assemble? Do I just need to drill? Or is it necessary to paste?
I beleive it is supplied with self tapping screws, however, you may want to use some 3M tape as well to help stop the screws from coming loose over time.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

There is only one official Reiger supplier in the UK and that sell via EBay.

To fit the Reiger Splutter you need to be able to get the front end of the car off the ground to make it e easy for yourself.

When you hold the splitter up to the car you will notice that four holes in the splitter line up with four self tapping screws already in the underside of the car. Remove these four self tappers and then offer the splitter up and the insert them. Then you will need left with 18 holes in the splitter that you need to use as a template. Using a 3mm but still into the car underside through each of the 18 holes. Then screw in the self tapping screws. Eventually you will have 22 self tapping screws in place in total. These will hold the splitter very solid.

A lot of people also use a bead of slicing around the splitter to create a seal to the underside too. All in all it’s an easy installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
There is only one official Reiger supplier in the UK and that sell via EBay.

To fit the Reiger Splutter you need to be able to get the front end of the car off the ground to make it e easy for yourself.

When you hold the splitter up to the car you will notice that four holes in the splitter line up with four self tapping screws already in the underside of the car. Remove these four self tappers and then offer the splitter up and the insert them. Then you will need left with 18 holes in the splitter that you need to use as a template. Using a 3mm but still into the car underside through each of the 18 holes. Then screw in the self tapping screws. Eventually you will have 22 self tapping screws in place in total. These will hold the splitter very solid.

A lot of people also use a bead of slicing around the splitter to create a seal to the underside too. All in all it’s an easy installation.

Think my terrible typing is catching haha...

Think you mean bead of sealant.

Reactions: Maypack

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
What you mean i need take off the front or just lift the car on an elevator? I didn't want to remove the front part, is there no other option?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
What you mean i need take off the front or just lift the car on an elevator? I didn't want to remove the front part, is there no other option?

What I meant was get the car up on stands or use a car lift. You need space between the car body and the ground.

There are no car body parts that needs to be removed from the car.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
What I meant was get the car up on stands or use a car lift. You need space between the car body and the ground.

There are no car body parts that needs to be removed from the car.

Thank you :cheers:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.