Paint or Buy Black Alloys ? and caliper Ideas?, show me yours too.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well, to make things simple and easy for you, why not take a look at the tyres on these current wheels, telling us what the figures are will help a lot.

Edit:- taken from an earlier posting, the sort of figures you are looking for are something like this 225/45 R17.

With your size of front discs there will be very few if any wheels that you want to buy that will foul these callipers if you let the wheel guide on any wheels site help you.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Anthracite alloys, Red/ gloss black or OEM callipers. Do not paint them white.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Ffs I’m so thick just remember the boot spare is a temporary Hancock Tyre with the crappy alloy.

Is there a way to tell what size rims, fits ect.... I have so I know what to look for so they fit over my calipers? Also is there a way to see what size tires I have too because I’m eventually going to get some of those too my Dunlop’s and blue earth are too skiddy

Well, to make things simple and easy for you, why not take a look at the tyres on these current wheels, telling us what the figures are will help a lot.

Edit:- taken from an earlier posting, the sort of figures you are looking for are something like this 225/45 R17.

With your size of front discs there will be very few if any wheels that you want to buy that will foul these callipers if you let the wheel guide on any wheels site help you.

@Wilkesy; the standard 17” OEM alloys fitted to your mk3 Leon FR pre-facelift model are 7.5J x 17” with an offset of ET51. The tyre size should be 225/45 R17, load index; 91, speed rating; V, assuming any replacement tyres that’ve been fitted are the same spec as the original tyres fitted when the car was new. As @RUM4MO has said, check the details on the sidewalls of your existing tyres, and the above details should be the size / load index / speed rating information you’ll find.

As @RUM4MO said, let the wheel guide on any in-line wheel site help you. If you select your car model details from the drop down boxes that are on pretty much all alloy wheel retailer websites, it’ll only show you the wheels that should fit your car, taking into account such factors as;
  • the size of the brake calipers, to ensure the wheels clear the calipers
  • the axle weight of the car, so any new wheels are strong enough to support the weight of the car
  • the required bolt pattern, so the bolt holes in the wheels will line up with bolt holes in the hubs on your car.
If you need new fixing bolts, and / or if the centre bore size of any new wheels you choose is larger than the centre bore of your current wheels (57.1), then a fixing kit should be supplied with the new wheels to ensure they can be fitted safely on the car.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
@Wilkesy; the standard 17” OEM alloys fitted to your mk3 Leon FR pre-facelift model are 7.5J x 17” with an offset of ET51. The tyre size should be 225/45 R17, load index; 91, speed rating; V, assuming any replacement tyres that’ve been fitted are the same spec as the original tyres fitted when the car was new. As @RUM4MO has said, check the details on the sidewalls of your existing tyres, and the above details should be the size / load index / speed rating information you’ll find.

As @RUM4MO said, let the wheel guide on any in-line wheel site help you. If you select your car model details from the drop down boxes that are on pretty much all alloy wheel retailer websites, it’ll only show you the wheels that should fit your car, taking into account such factors as;
  • the size of the brake calipers, to ensure the wheels clear the calipers
  • the axle weight of the car, so any new wheels are strong enough to support the weight of the car
  • the required bolt pattern, so the bolt holes in the wheels will line up with bolt holes in the hubs on your car.
If you need new fixing bolts, and / or if the centre bore size of any new wheels you choose is larger than the centre bore of your current wheels (57.1), then a fixing kit should be supplied with the new wheels to ensure they can be fitted safely on the car.

49E84C9D-4401-4A7E-8F09-56849A231310.jpeg

Front tires are Dunlop sport max -225/45 r17 91W

2BFFC1EC-22C2-4CFF-A271-412BEB311100.jpeg

rear tires are blue earth yokahama - 225/45 r17 94W

that’s all i could find find on each tire

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
These rear tyres are rating "extra load" while the fronts are probably not, it is best to fit the same rating of tyre at each end, have a look on the car to see what the homologated tyre options are.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Stay clear, cheap diamond cut aftermarket wheels will last one salted winter and be ruined

I dislike diamond cut alloys with a passion and really wish car manufacturers wouldn’t make them standard fit on many cars.

If I was considering buying replacement wheels, I’d never go for anything diamond cut (also often described as ‘machined’ or ‘polished’). It would always be wheels with a powder coated or painted finish for me!

Reactions: Wilkesy

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
They should fit OK and should just bolt on. They look like a black version of the 18” performance alloy that was the factory fit 18” option on the mk3 Leon FR.

You’ll need new tyres too, as those wheels are 18” diameter and your existing wheels are 17”.

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
They should fit OK and should just bolt on. They look like a black version of the 18” performance alloy that was the factory fit 18” option on the mk3 Leon FR.

You’ll need new tyres too, as those wheels are 18” diameter and your existing wheels are 17”.
Yeh cheers for the quick response, guna treat myself.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Yeh cheers for the quick response, guna treat myself.
The benefit of fitting genuine Seat wheels is that you can use your existing wheel bolts, and the centre bore is the same size on your existing wheels and new wheels, so no need to fit spigot rings.

The wheels you’re buying are also the same spec / size as the optional factory fit 18” performance alloys for the pre-facelift mk3 Leon (7.5J x18” ET51) so you’ll have no rubbing / clearance issues either - assuming you’ll be fitting the ‘standard’ size 225/40 R18 tyres that would be on these wheels if they were fitted on the car from new from the factory.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
starting to piss me off now, cant find any nice OEMs

Have you tried searching on the part number of the wheels you posted the link to in your earlier post? Are the ones at the link you posted not in stock at that on line retailer?

They’re on this website, along with other OEM wheels for the mk3 Leon;
https://www.seat.fish-bros-parts.co...-2017/alloy-wheels-accessories-mk3-2012-2017/

5f0071490c 041 (black)
5f0071490c LL7 (Titan grey)

Have you tried Listers Seat or Horton Seat who are forum sponsors? They should give a discount to forum members (Horton Seat; 10% discount to forum members off parts from their on line shop and Listers Seat up to 40% discount to forum members off parts). Worth contacting them to see if those discounts also apply to accessories - which IMO are parts.

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Think I might just go down the road of getting new alloys, seen someone selling the alloys as mine but powder coated black and they look quite cheap. So reckon I’ll get some dark grey alloys with more spokes on them. An example on what I want: https://speedyswheels.co.uk/shop/ne...62fPKMHoURfqdoz29cNqgL-ubxbSZCKBoCSM4QAvD_BwE

And these: https://www.performancealloys.com/ronal-r48-jet-black-polished?wheel_diameter=17

sure mine are 17 inch. Is there away to check the other details like thickness just make sure fit my car and current tires

I have pretty much the same alloys as your “speedy alloys” link. Never seen them in single colour though. On a Golf R they are a 19” alloy called Spielberg but are Diamond cut. Here’s a couple of pics of mine as 18s
505726d492dccf13e5c87b6fbd058cb9.jpg
a9676b25fd2a24b30954fea9ec1dafde.jpg
604b1ed471df67452b9084c6a4b20a36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Have you tried searching on the part number of the wheels you posted the link to in your earlier post? Are the ones at the link you posted not in stock at that on line retailer?

They’re on this website, along with other OEM wheels for the mk3 Leon;
https://www.seat.fish-bros-parts.co...-2017/alloy-wheels-accessories-mk3-2012-2017/

5f0071490c 041 (black)
5f0071490c LL7 (Titan grey)

Have you tried Listers Seat or Horton Seat who are forum sponsors? They should give a discount to forum members (Horton Seat; 10% discount to forum members off parts from their on line shop and Listers Seat up to 40% discount to forum members off parts). Worth contacting them to see if those discounts also apply to accessories - which IMO are parts.
The ones I previously posted at 18, could do with with 17 inch alloys tbh

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Ps what’s so bad about diamond cut alloys, I few have told me to stay away but why?

seen some nice alloys online but not OEM...

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
I have pretty much the same alloys as your “speedy alloys” link. Never seen them in single colour though. On a Golf R they are a 19” alloy called Spielberg but are Diamond cut. Here’s a couple of pics of mine as 18s
505726d492dccf13e5c87b6fbd058cb9.jpg
a9676b25fd2a24b30954fea9ec1dafde.jpg
604b1ed471df67452b9084c6a4b20a36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they're beaut them pal, I might have to just bit the bullet and get some 18 inch tires too and get 18inch alloys, I feel theres not much selection for 17 inch alloys. The tires I want are the PS4s(not ps4s)