MY69 Seat cupra issues

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
the main noise on these cars is rear arches, I have sound deadened all the floors and inner boot panels with Silentcoat deadening and also closed cell foam and still noisy over arches.. when the weather picks up I'm removing the arch linings and treating them too. I don't think the rear doors are sealed to great either. apart from that it's quiet now!

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I hear the noise of stones in the wheel arch aswell. The tyre noise isn't too bad but on rough road surfaces it can be very loud.

One of the most annoying things about this car (and my wife agrees).... when it's been raining or even dew on the car... open any of the doors and pi$$ loads of water drips down inside the car. It's got that bad that I keep one of my drying towels inside the car. Never had it that bad on a car before!

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
It’s the stickier rubber picking up the grit. Your 1 series probably has bald tires all jokes aside, that’s the reason why. It’s throwing it against plastic arch covers.

Tazz

Nov 6, 2019
I hear the noise of stones in the wheel arch aswell. The tyre noise isn't too bad but on rough road surfaces it can be very loud.

One of the most annoying things about this car (and my wife agrees).... when it's been raining or even dew on the car... open any of the doors and pi$$ loads of water drips down inside the car. It's got that bad that I keep one of my drying towels inside the car. Never had it that bad on a car before!

I agree. The road noise isn’t too bad until rough roads, the stones hitting the arch is really annoying me now though.

I have realised the rain pouring in after opening the door. Goes all over the inside door handles etc. Very annoying

Last edited:

Tazz

Nov 6, 2019
It’s the stickier rubber picking up the grit. Your 1 series probably has bald tires all jokes aside, that’s the reason why. It’s throwing it against plastic arch covers.

I had brand new tyres all round on my beemer. Decent yokahama ones. Never had issue with noise from grit hitting the arch. Obviously not as performance based as the continentals that come on the cupra.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi guys

Took delivery of MY69 cupra at the start of the month and loving the car. However I have 2 problems.

First issue is gravel noise from the road. The first thing I realised when I drove the car first time was gravel noise.

I have driven on the same route for about a year for my daily commute in my 2006 1series, never had an issue with hearing gravel being kicked up from the road and this is from a car that had 129k on the clock at the time of selling.

The sound is coming from the rear passenger sides. Best way to explain it is, it just sounds like when the roads have been gritted and the grit salt is being kicked up from the road in to the cars arches. Anyone else having this issue or realised it, surely the cars sound dampening is not that bad?

The gravel noise is really pissing me off as it just makes the car sounds cheap!

My second issue is about after a week of owning the car. I done about 150 miles if that, I realised that after a week the steering wheel is not straight, Is my alignment is out? I did not go over any big potholes either.

Bit of a long shot but will alignment be covered under warranty as the car has only 600 miles on it.

Any responses will be appreciated as I’m not sure what to do. Don’t really want to give the car in as I’m enjoying it so much. But if I have to then I have to.

my steering wheels has never been straight either and the same goes for my wifes Q3. i think they possibly are straight but the lines of the dashboard arent. maybe an illusion

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.