Cupra R Bumper Inserts

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
I literally never use the fog lights, and the cornering ones are a bit gimmicky really, bit of a latent need, we survived without them for a long time didn't we! I will get the copper bits sprayed mystery blue by a friend and whack them on soon. then when the car gets sold I will sell them on here with the rest of my bits

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Well I happen to find the cornering lights a safety feature. I coded my old Q5 to have them and also got it in my 208. It's the next best thing after real AFL and very helpful to the badly lighted Greek roads.

I quess it won't be difficult to mod the inserts in a way that keeps the fog lights.

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Well I happen to find the cornering lights a safety feature. I coded my old Q5 to have them and also got it in my 208. It's the next best thing after real AFL and very helpful to the badly lighted Greek roads.

I quess it won't be difficult to mod the inserts in a way that keeps the fog lights.
I agree the cornering illumination function is useful, but not indispensable. My 280 didn't have them. I assume removing them would be a modification that you'd need to notify your insurer for. Even with the intake plastic modified, the lamps are now inset with the intake overhanging the lamp. This'll block the beam at the side, so they'll be useless for cornering illumination.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I agree the cornering illumination function is useful, but not indispensable. My 280 didn't have them. I assume removing them would be a modification that you'd need to notify your insurer for. Even with the intake plastic modified, the lamps are now inset with the intake overhanging the lamp. This'll block the beam at the side, so they'll be useless for cornering illumination.
Unsure on that one since front fog lights are optional lighting under the vehicle illumination regulations on the goverment website. It would definitely count as a body modifcation which some insurers require you to notify them of.
I have had my car for nearly three years now and i've used the fog lights once despite doing a lot of early morning and late night driving in winter. Granted my car doesn't have the turning illumination function, This would not add anythign to my visability of the road because the LED headlights are pretty good anyway.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
g67oz4n.jpg

day 2 of knowing about this mod, and the parts have already arrived, been sanded and paint is drying... ;-)

Reactions: Zer0

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
OK Ive just been out in the rain trying to get the original inserts out and its not as easy as I was led to believe... I'll pick a day next week when it's not raining and get the wheels off and try again.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Right OK sorry lads, I was cold and wet and tired and feeling a little dramatic. Bit of coffee, new attitude and I went back out there.

It IS a very easy job as long as you go out there with the attitude of 'just pull at the bloody thing like you don't care if it breaks'.

If you do that the original inserts will come out with lots of persuasion and worrying noises but within a few short minutes.

the rest of the process is easy peasy, two screws for the fogs, cable tie the unused fog plugs, push the new inserts in, done...

faeGTA4.jpg

2t6TV66.jpg

sJ9YeZc.jpg

4W2Nhqd.jpg

seIluxB.jpg

gnYKiUU.jpg

Pretty happy with how it looks.

donoli74

Oct 13, 2018
Right OK sorry lads, I was cold and wet and tired and feeling a little dramatic. Bit of coffee, new attitude and I went back out there.

It IS a very easy job as long as you go out there with the attitude of 'just pull at the bloody thing like you don't care if it breaks'.

If you do that the original inserts will come out with lots of persuasion and worrying noises but within a few short minutes.

the rest of the process is easy peasy, two screws for the fogs, cable tie the unused fog plugs, push the new inserts in, done...

faeGTA4.jpg

2t6TV66.jpg

sJ9YeZc.jpg

4W2Nhqd.jpg

seIluxB.jpg

gnYKiUU.jpg

Did you remove the wheels?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G970F met Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

faeGTA4.jpg

2t6TV66.jpg

sJ9YeZc.jpg

4W2Nhqd.jpg

seIluxB.jpg

gnYKiUU.jpg

So you didn't remove the bumper? As that has scary moments where you think it will break.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

faeGTA4.jpg

2t6TV66.jpg

sJ9YeZc.jpg

4W2Nhqd.jpg

seIluxB.jpg

gnYKiUU.jpg

Looks good in blue. Im doing mine when it turns up, but since i will have copper badges, I want to see how it looks with the copper bits firts. I wonder how easy it would be to remove those parts from the whole assembly once it has been assembled. I have the parts already, just haven't bothered painting them yet.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Looks good in blue. Im doing mine when it turns up, but since i will have copper badges, I want to see how it looks with the copper bits firts. I wonder how easy it would be to remove those parts from the whole assembly once it has been assembled. I have the parts already, just haven't bothered painting them yet.
They come separate. But they’re affixed with double sided 3M tape. However there are little tabs that stick through that you’re meant to glue on the other side to properly hold them in place.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.