Aidan's Mk2 Leon Cupra

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
So bled the clutch again, absolutely no air in the lines what so ever. Looking like it could be a fault with pressure plate as it's not getting enough throw with the pedal, I'll be in 1st gear (after a few attempts of actually getting into gear) and it'll crawl forward when I'm off the brake like an auto would. Supplier have said if I send the clutch back to them they will send it off to helix for them to check but in the meantime I'm without a car which is annoying but nothing I can do really to move forward.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Bit of a downer. Did they give you an ETA? They could have cross shipped a new one as a good will gesture.

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
I had near on exactly the same last year with a civic type R clutch me and a mate replaced bled it out a few times ... still crawled forward in between selecting 1st also 1st was very notchy
In the end manually bled the clutch then followed by a pressure bleed sorted it (there a god send) .

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Bit of a downer. Did they give you an ETA? They could have cross shipped a new one as a good will gesture.

No ETA unfortunately, just said it takes around 1-2weeks for them to review it back from helix after testing, going to put the old clutch back in whilst I wait.

I had near on exactly the same last year with a civic type R clutch me and a mate replaced bled it out a few times ... still crawled forward in between selecting 1st also 1st was very notchy
In the end manually bled the clutch then followed by a pressure bleed sorted it (there a god send) .

Yeah we tried bleeding it up a few times now, didn't use a pressure bleeder just did it manually but there was no air in the system, sort of hoping it is an issue with the clutch tbh, I think the helix have had a few issues before but as a company they seem decent compared to the others

Reactions: ash_89 and Legojon

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Yeah we tried bleeding it up a few times now, didn't use a pressure bleeder just did it manually but there was no air in the system, sort of hoping it is an issue with the clutch tbh, I think the helix have had a few issues before but as a company they seem decent compared to the others[/QUOTE]

So typical mate . Even more so having to put the old clutch back in i bet that was the last thing you wanted to do ,
If it still hasn't come back by next Friday treat yourself and order rs4 valve and vis internals for the hpfp haha .

Reactions: Legojon

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
So typical mate . Even more so having to put the old clutch back in i bet that was the last thing you wanted to do ,
If it still hasn't come back by next Friday treat yourself and order rs4 valve and vis internals for the hpfp haha .

Haha, not allowed to spend any more on the car for now I think it's going to be the chains n belts next anyway haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Haha, not allowed to spend any more on the car for now I think it's going to be the chains n belts next anyway haha

As a precaution? I was going to do my chain this year... but might wait till next year and do the same as I think it's due a belt again next year.

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
As a precaution? I was going to do my chain this year... but might wait till next year and do the same as I think it's due a belt again next year.

Yeah just precautionary I'll probably have the pickup pipe done aswell so I know that the engine is healthy haha, the list never ends

Reactions: Legojon

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire

I know the feeling mate ive got a holiday to save for as well as having a little girl who's obsessed with Disney at the moment £25 a toy haha

i recommend doing the pickup with a set of Long Ball End Hex Allen Bits to hand (gets to the ones hidden behind the bell housing with ease.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/158705908@N03/

fingers crossed for you man and it all gets sorted :)

Reactions: Aidanr97

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
I know the feeling mate ive got a holiday to save for as well as having a little girl who's obsessed with Disney at the moment £25 a toy haha

i recommend doing the pickup with a set of Long Ball End Hex Allen Bits to hand (gets to the ones hidden behind the bell housing with ease.

Cheers buddy, that set looks handy always an excuse for tools ;) I'll let you know how it goes but had to drive up to Leeds for work and uni and it's getting worse and worse

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158705908@N03/

Which size Allen key were the sump bolts?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
So put the old clutch back in today, bled straight up and all is working as it should again. This is how the pressure plate looked whilst still in situ on the car...

IMG-20200129-WA0000.jpg

Not good at all, you can't tell once it's off the car but hopefully when they test it back at the manufacturer they will see the issue straight away.

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
So put the old clutch back in today, bled straight up and all is working as it should again. This is how the pressure plate looked whilst still in situ on the car...

IMG-20200129-WA0000.jpg

Not good at all, you can't tell once it's off the car but hopefully when they test it back at the manufacturer they will see the issue straight away.

Are you on the Facebook tfsi tuning page @Aidanr97 ? Alex is on there from aks tuning I’m
Sure he will be able to give a bit of insight on the problem.

Reactions: Aidanr97

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
must be so frustrating for you mate , can clearly see something is very wrong with that

Yeah it's annoying mate, not driven the car since last Wednesday and when I drove it last I drove 15 miles with no clutch at all haha. Yeah definitely doesn't look right at all so hopefully just got a bad unit. The lads at aks seem decent enough

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Been a while since I updated this thread and can say I am not any further with the clutch issues. Helix have basically said there's nothing wrong with the clutch yet I'm running the old clutch without any issues what so ever. AKS said there going to test it them selves but that was over a week ago and losing faith in both companies if I'm totally honest as it's me always chasing for an update. Might just push for a refund and go with an RTS kit from awesome once this virus is all over with

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise