New Cupra owner in Northwich

Jake_LHX

Jan 9, 2020
Hi guys!

Introducing myself, my name is Jake, I am from Northwich in the NW and I have just driven home my new (to me) 2019 Cupra 290 Lux!

Loving it so far, glad to be here.

I have got one niggle with it though I have searched on and found some differing answers, so I wonder if anyone could help.

On the steering wheel, the Previous/Next (Track) rocker button on the LHS of the wheel doesn't seem to do anything, and neither does clicking the volume scroll wheel (Mute?)

Im sure it would be resolved if I took it back to the garage, but is there a quick fix I am missing I could sort myself?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Hello and welcome!

My work is based not too far from you in Daresbury.

Do any of the steering wheel buttons work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jake_LHX

Jake_LHX

Jan 9, 2020
Ah nice! The Mrs works in the Innovation Center at Daresbury so probably not far away at all.

All the buttons work on the RHS, and on the left the voice control and the volume scroll works (To scroll not to click as per OP)

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
On the steering wheel, the Previous/Next (Track) rocker button on the LHS of the wheel doesn't seem to do anything, and neither does clicking the volume scroll wheel (Mute?)
Not trying to be funny, but is this with the engine running? On my Cupra Ateca the volume control on the steering wheel doesn't do anything unless the engine is turned on (not just ignition, it is necessary to actually start the car, even if the stop start then turns the engine off). Otherwise you have to use the volume control on the infotainment.

Reactions: Jake_LHX

Jake_LHX

Jan 9, 2020
Not trying to be funny, but is this with the engine running? On my Cupra Ateca the volume control on the steering wheel doesn't do anything unless the engine is turned on (not just ignition, it is necessary to actually start the car, even if the stop start then turns the engine off). Otherwise you have to use the volume control on the infotainment.

Appreciate the suggestion! but unfortunately this issue is present both when the engine is running and when it isnt. I have come from a Polo where the same was true, steering controls only take effect when underway essentially.

'Little' John

Oct 12, 2018
Appreciate the suggestion! but unfortunately this issue is present both when the engine is running and when it isnt. I have come from a Polo where the same was true, steering controls only take effect when underway essentially.
Guess a return trip to the dealer might be in order then...

kayaksteph

Jan 18, 2020
Scotland
Hi guys!

Introducing myself, my name is Jake, I am from Northwich in the NW and I have just driven home my new (to me) 2019 Cupra 290 Lux!

Loving it so far, glad to be here.

I have got one niggle with it though I have searched on and found some differing answers, so I wonder if anyone could help.

Im sure it would be resolved if I took it back to the garage, but is there a quick fix I am missing I could sort myself?

:wave:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.