Clock Shift - Was a solution ever found?

Hey folks, so I have a 2006 Leon, and just checked my CAN-Gateway, it's version F so I need to either;

a) Replace the Can-Gateway with a newer version.

b) Buy an RNS510 which has 2760/Special firmware to stop the battery drain on older Can-Gateways.

The problem as we all know, regardless of the above I will get clock-shift on the MFD - has anyone figured out the solution yet? I searched for posts, but no definitive answers, also do you have any photographs of what the clock shift looks like?

I have a feeling it would irritate me, but there does not appear to be much choice - I suppose a workaround would be not enabling the 'Navigation' in the installation list, so I wouldn't see the compass or arrows on the MFD, but the nav should still tell me the directions through the speakers / On screen display right?

It would be so much more simpler to have stuck with my Kenwood BT/iPod Unit, but I wanted the OEM integration, and as my car has bluetooth already, I didn't want to mess about wiring up another microphone.

The plan is for an RNS510, and an MDi kit to fit the iPod and have it all on the display.

So, is that the only option, face clock-shift, or not enable Navigation/Compass on the MFD?

Will I need a 1.6-2.0 Canbus converter?!

...Oh and then i've got to hope i'll still be able to ff/rew/skip tracks and use volume/phone buttons on the MFSW with an RNS !

Last edited:

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
My volume and FF/REW (long hold < & >) work for the RNS, as does skip forward back (Short hold < & >). The ^ & v buttons don't work but I can't remember what I used them for before the RNS, maybe changing radio stations, now do that with < & >.

The clock will be displayed on the RNS, so no need for it on the MFD. Note, I only have the small MFD (no bluetooth) so don't know what the clock shift looks like. If you say you have factory BT installed, the phone button is where I have the up/down double arrows, and you should keep all button functions. I'm still not convinced you'll have clock shift on a SEAT RNS, but I've been wrong before.

p.s. my car was built in 2006....

Last edited:

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
How do you tell what Can gateway you have?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

JonnyF

Jan 4, 2012
I think I saw a picture somewhere showing that just the time moves and everything elso is ok.

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
Somebody got the coding for the rns310 clockshift problem i have a upgraded cangateway.

IMG_20191223_192014.thumb.jpg.5b4a57386025cbcfd584b96079695768.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.