• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeddy74

Feb 11, 2018
Hi, after people’s opinions/advice. I have a Cupra 290 on order on a lease with ZenAuto and I’m considering putting Michelin PS4s on it straight away - do you think A) it’s worth doing this considering it’s a lease car and B) it’s worth swapping out brand new tyres straight away - is it that much better than the standard continentals?

Thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd think that in this situation, as long as you are staying within your agreement with the leasing company - why not, you will be throwing away good money, but if that means that you end up with a better car that suits you, then it will be the price you are willing to pay for getting that improvement.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yes and Yes.

I went from my 280 which had Michelin Super Sports on (previous version to PS4S) to the 300 with Continental SportContact 5Ps on. Within 2 weeks I’d had had enough and swapped to the Michelin PS4S.

A suggestion though. Why not look at the price of the Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport and if cheaper get those. Only unknown is wear rate, but as an overall comparison they’re as good as the PS4S. Continental SportContact 6s are supposed to be another good tyre, but their wear rate is rubbish. However the Goodyear’s are definitely better.

Reactions: jeddy74

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'd think that in this situation, as long as you are staying within your agreement with the leasing company - why not, you will be throwing away good money, but if that means that you end up with a better car that suits you, then it will be the price you are willing to pay for getting that improvement.
Assuming he’s doing at least 20k during the lease he’ll need new tyres before giving it back, so can put the original tyres back on.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
I swapped my 290 to PS4S's and my audi s4 to PS4S's which were both lease, always change them over before the originals are dead, so I can put them back on when the car is returned, as the car needs the original tyre models on or you will be charged for them, if you're going to do it but the PS4S's on, not the PS4's

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I swapped my 290 to PS4S's and my audi s4 to PS4S's which were both lease, always change them over before the originals are dead, so I can put them back on when the car is returned, as the car needs the original tyre models on or you will be charged for them, if you're going to do it but the PS4S's on, not the PS4's
My lease does not state original tyre models, all it states is premium tyre. I changed the bridgestones to goodyear eagles and it will be going back on the goodyears

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Assuming he’s doing at least 20k during the lease he’ll need new tyres before giving it back, so can put the original tyres back on.

Well that would just be a bonus, I was meaning that sometimes money means less than having what you want.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.