SEAT have ruined the LEON

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
5 Videos now on the original article including this promo:
Don’t know if it’s mentioned in the article but heard from a dealer that they won’t be a SC version anymore in either the new Audi A3, Golf 8 or SEAT MK4 only 5 door or estate options.

don’t know how true it is, but think it would be a shame to lose the coupé.

SEAT have already confirmed, no SC. Don't sell as well. Just look at our Who's ordered a Leon CUPRA poll. Shame as they look sweet. :)

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
3 doors do look better but they are rubbish as a car. Once you pass 25 you are not bothered with a 3 door.

coming back to this i must say the mk3 looks far superior from the side profile, the mk4 is pretty much all disgusting, they have scope to radically improve for the cupra leon and it could look much much better

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Also i believe on the new mk4 everything is through the new touchscreen (heating controls included)

that sounds fantastic.... said no-one ever.

the infotainment screen is temporamental on the mk3 and will sometimes not start if it is too cold, can you imagine that on an icy morning, the touchscreen wont boot up so you wont be able to turn the heating on until it warms up, which it can’t cause you can’t turn the heating on?

i can see this being a MAJOR issue

i have already made my mind up, its skitter isn’t it lets be real here

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Lots more photos including the car in blue as well as extra videos added to the article including this one:

Leon-Xcellence-Mistery-Blue-5D_25_HQ.jpg

Article:
https://www.seatcupra.net/index.php/2020/01/28/new-seat-leon-2020-full-details/

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Same thing will happen with the mk4 as it did with the mk3, people won't like it to start with, then they will and it will be a better car than its predessor in every way, and it will sell Aswell or better than the mk3 so long as the lease deals are good

Reactions: Peller

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Yes, it's stating the obvious :) but SEAT will be pitching this car as nudging towards a more premium bracket.
It'll still be cheaper and have more standard equipment than an equivalent Golf, good thing for us.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: Syphon

Degs

Feb 10, 2019
North Wales
Even if the cupra had a lot of styling changes over the images we're seeing now,as soon as I got in it and seen that oversized mobile phone dominating the whole dash that would be me done,maybe an age thing but can't stand them.A retractable one with a few switches on the dash for heating etc would've been ok but it looks like I'm driving my fifth,and final seat.

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
I think it looks good. My issue is they are only using dsg in any engine I would look to buy from what I have seen. Even the 110 1.0tsi will only have dsg. I would probably be looking at the 150 1.5tsi when I next buy another car but dsg does nothing for me. I had it in a rental car in Spain a few years ago in an audi A3 and it just makes you lazy. Well me anyway. Stick it in auto and don't bother thinking about your gears. Just hope the newer mild hybrid versions won't suffer the whole kangarooing thing.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Even if the cupra had a lot of styling changes over the images we're seeing now,as soon as I got in it and seen that oversized mobile phone dominating the whole dash that would be me done,maybe an age thing but can't stand them.A retractable one with a few switches on the dash for heating etc would've been ok but it looks like I'm driving my fifth,and final seat.

I also really dislike the current trend towards dash mounted iPad type touchscreens. No doubt they’re cheaper for car makers to use than conventional switches as there aren’t any moving parts, although I bet owners will be charged a small fortune for a replacement touchscreen if/when it fails outside the warranty period though.

Technophiles will no doubt love them, but give me conventional controls for the often used, basic functions in the car (heating, aircon, lights) that are easy to find by touch and much safer adjust while driving than using a touchscreen.

Unfortunately, I think touchscreens are here to stay though, and I dare say that in a couple of years time it’ll be difficult to find many cars that still have conventional switches - IMO they’ll pretty much all car manufacturers will have replaced conventional buttons, switches and knobs with touchscreens.

Reactions: Degs

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The design of wheels on the blue car must be an absolute nightmare to clean. If I was in the market to buy a mk4 Leon and the trim level I was considering buying came with those wheels, I’d be changing them PDQ!
+ looks like a 4x4 citroen cactus style

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I'm not really that bothered by it.
I always find that press shots make a car look worse than it actually is.

In the flesh I bet it will look much better.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
hopefully it will have lost 45% of its retail value after less than a year like the one i picked up LOL

knoted

Oct 23, 2012
I loved my MK2 - then with the MK3 I saw they did away with most of the design cues I loved the MK2 for and now this MK4 totally erases any potential interest - It's just really not my cup of tea.

I prefer designs like the Leon MK2, the Vauxhall Astra J (VXR/OPC) so, the only contemporary Seat product which still has similar design cues, would be the El Born.

Reactions: qntrix

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Ive owned all model the Mk2 was my favorite design by far i still eye up Mk2 versions and barely glance at Mk3s even though i own one.

I really can't see me going for this Mk4 at all.

Looks like and be looking elsewhere when the time comes.