Manual Rev Limiter

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
I wouldn't recommend doing it too often... if you'd dropped it in 1st would have been a disaster. But going into the red won't damage the engine (especially not just once). And 7800 isn't really that high when I get annoyed.
Cannot beat a screaming vtec smacking off the limiter

Would it be very clear if I had bent a valve or damaged something ? or am I just other thinking it too much and worrying for nothing ?

hellooo

Nov 2, 2014
The highest that my DSG 290 reaches is 6,800, in second when kicking down in drive or sport. It occasionally reaches 6,600 in third too, also in drive. Both are 'in the red' but how the car behaves when left to its own devices. Once wrong slotted a 1.0 Micra from 5th to 2nd at 70. The dashboard lit up, there was a puff of black smoke. I restarted the engine and got back to the office fine. No idea if it caused damage as was a rental car.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
The highest that my DSG 290 reaches is 6,800, in second when kicking down in drive or sport. It occasionally reaches 6,600 in third too, also in drive. Both are 'in the red' but how the car behaves when left to its own devices. Once wrong slotted a 1.0 Micra from 5th to 2nd at 70. The dashboard lit up, there was a puff of black smoke. I restarted the engine and got back to the office fine. No idea if it caused damage as was a rental car.
But you wont ever bum a gear change, that's why DSG Cupras are quicker to 60 than manuals (as well as lower co)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise