MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
Long time lurker of the forum awaiting my cupra but finally bit the bullet and signed up as I can offer some help! I ordered with LO early August and still awaiting my car, due to the dealer by 24/2 apparently.

Anyways, after reading about others being offered compensation, I got my SLI number from LO and emailed Seat directly. About a week later I got a call from Seat apologising for the delay and have been offered compensation similar to others, free service, £250 of accessories or a cheque for £200. I've taken the money and have been told it will be sent when the car arrives at the dealer.

My advice is to give it a go, Seat know I used a broker, they asked yet they're still paying up!

What email address do you contact seat on and what did you say to them? do you ask for comp or word it in way for them to pay out lol

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019
[email protected]
I was offered £150 but I asked them to clarify that because of what everyone else has been offered. IT might be because mine is a fleet car rather than retail.

I ordered in Oct but was an Aug cancellation via LO, when i tried they said my vehicle hasn't been affected by the fire and there's no compo on offer.

Tempted to try again but need another angle lol - any tips welcomed :)

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I ordered in Oct but was an Aug cancellation via LO, when i tried they said my vehicle hasn't been affected by the fire and there's no compo on offer.

Tempted to try again but need another angle lol - any tips welcomed :)
Call them and tell them you want to register a customer concern. They will ask if you want to escalate it, that was when i was offered compensation. But as it is not me buying the car in the first instance, the compensation is going to the finance company it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: dilson88

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Top man, does anyone know how long it would take LO to receive the car?
If your car is on the ship then it should be logged as at the UK port on Monday and can then take up to 10 days to reach the dealership.

If you have already completed your finance agreements then you should be able to get it as soon as the dealership finishes their inspections.
With regards to the finance, this can take up to a week to be completed because the finance lender will need to post a letter to you via royal mail to complete as proof of anti impersonation but as mentioned, All being well, you could have your car week commencing 17th February.

Reactions: LevoForest

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
This is a stupid question. But what differentiates a fleet car to a retail car? How could I know if mine was fleet?
The term ‘fleet’ is used when the car is ordered through a broker using a SEAT ‘fleet’ centre using a discount code. If you were to physically visit a dealer and buy one through them, this would be a ‘retail’ car. There is no difference between the vehicles, the only difference is they have been ordered differently.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The term ‘fleet’ is used when the car is ordered through a broker using a SEAT ‘fleet’ centre using a discount code. If you were to physically visit a dealer and buy one through them, this would be a ‘retail’ car. There is no difference between the vehicles, the only difference is they have been ordered differently.
Mine will have been fleet too then definitely.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
So, presumably, as I ordered mine via FCD but they use a dealer in Southampton mine could count as retail???

Just hoping I get some good news from Amy as it's supposed to be built this week.... (at least when the factory runs 24/7 you shouldn't have the 'friday afternoon' car effect!!).

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
So, presumably, as I ordered mine via FCD but they use a dealer in Southampton mine could count as retail???

Just hoping I get some good news from Amy as it's supposed to be built this week.... (at least when the factory runs 24/7 you shouldn't have the 'friday afternoon' car effect!!).
Mine is FCD too. I would imagine yours is 'fleet' too.

menz83

Jan 30, 2020
What email address do you contact seat on and what did you say to them? do you ask for comp or word it in way for them to pay out lol

I laid it on thick that I was planning on selling my own car to put towards a deposit for a house and that because it's taken so long, the value of my car has decreased. I also told them that I got my eviction notice for my lease and that I needed to buy a home before the middle of April and that this delay has caused me major headaches!

While all that sounds far fetched, it is in fact the truth! Just email and explain that you were told the car would arrive in x amount of time and that you're losing faith in Seat as a brand or whatever and I'm sure they will cough up. Just remember to remain calm!

Reactions: dilson88

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston
Mine was apparently dropped off in Grimsby over this weekend, I think the dealer that LO have ordered with will receive it in a few days, then the dealer will sort a few things and take a few days too, probably won't be this week but the week after that we both receive our cars!

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Love how no one still knows the info

so my car made the peg ace and docks today

been told all week not allocated to a ship lol

the dealers and Seat uk need to sort out this comms issue

now they said 10 days to dealer and few days for them tk sort out things

I’m told they can register 20 plates from 2nd week of Feb so hoping I can get car before March witn a 20 plate and if not 1st March I best have it :)

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Love how no one still knows the info

so my car made the peg ace and docks today

been told all week not allocated to a ship lol

the dealers and Seat uk need to sort out this comms issue

now they said 10 days to dealer and few days for them tk sort out things

I’m told they can register 20 plates from 2nd week of Feb so hoping I can get car before March witn a 20 plate and if not 1st March I best have it :)
I don't think you can legally drive until the 1st March despite it being registered.

Reactions: Tivver500