Racingline adjustable droplinks

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oooo... fits MK2 and MK3... @paddy6789 you getting these? I've never really understood if I need them or not.

upload_2020-1-31_10-38-28.png

Reactions: paddy6789

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You always need them...
...always

"Why do I need these? The factory drop links are just a bar that attaches the front anti roll bar ends up to the front damper. The OEM links were made the length they are for a reason - to compliment the standard ride height. But when you lower ride height, the car will now be pulling your anti roll bar ends up, pushing it out of its operating window, and forcing the link to sit at a sharper angle."

All I can think now is ... oh no, my anti roll bar is being pulled up!!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
"Why do I need these? The factory drop links are just a bar that attaches the front anti roll bar ends up to the front damper. The OEM links were made the length they are for a reason - to compliment the standard ride height. But when you lower ride height, the car will now be pulling your anti roll bar ends up, pushing it out of its operating window, and forcing the link to sit at a sharper angle."

All I can think now is ... oh no, my anti roll bar is being pulled up!!
Was about to say what you put.

Depends how low you go, and whether they catch other parts. But when lowered your anti roll bar is not working 100%

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Was about to say what you put.

Depends how low you go, and whether they catch other parts. But when lowered your anti roll bar is not working 100%

I just copied it from Racinglines sales material. Oh no, why did you have to tell me that!!??

Reactions: Damo H

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
How low would the car need to be to warrant having these because I have lowered my car.
I have a mk3 cupra 2016 and I've got KW Plug N Play Coilovers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It depends on if the ARB curved ends end up touching the drive shafts normally, nothing more as the ARB is free to move, it is only there to apply a downward load on to the other side of the car, it can not apply an upward load.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
It depends on if the ARB curved ends end up touching the drive shafts normally, nothing more as the ARB is free to move, it is only there to apply a downward load on to the other side of the car, it can not apply an upward load.
That dont even make sense to me lol.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
That dont even make sense to me lol.

Apologies for the crude drawing. But as you lower the car the angle of the anti roll bar gets pushed further down. If you lower to much it has chance to fowl the drive shaft (in purple) so you need to fit shorter drop links to straighten the angle of the anti roll bar:

upload_2020-2-4_9-20-49.png

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Apologies for the crude drawing. But as you lower the car the angle of the anti roll bar gets pushed further down. If you lower to much it has chance to fowl the drive shaft (in purple) so you need to fit shorter drop links to straighten the angle of the anti roll bar:

View attachment 12831
So shall I look at the clearance between the anti-roll bar and drive shaft to make sure it's ok?
How much clearance should there be?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.