WeBuyAnyCar: Your Cars Valuation Has Increased!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
So I have been doing the rounds of car buying services as I am looking to sell my car in the run up to the arrival of my Cupra.

I got an email stating the above, and yes, the valuation had increased, marginally. It did leave me wondering, what could have caused an increase? When the new model has been released and we are nearing a registration plate change...

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
So I have been doing the rounds of car buying services as I am looking to sell my car in the run up to the arrival of my Cupra.

I got an email stating the above, and yes, the valuation had increased, marginally. It did leave me wondering, what could have caused an increase? When the new model has been released and we are nearing a registration plate change...
I’ve had this before.
It’s cause they try fob you off with as low as possible first then try again if you just ignore them.
It will still be less than what it’s worth but suppose it’s hassle free ( ish)

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
It does happen - especially with niche vehicles such as convertibles where good used examples can command a higher value during the summer months when demand will be higher than during the winter months. WBAC will probably be using ‘official’ motor trade sources such a CAP or Glass’s Guide for the basis of their offer prices, and then the algorithm that ‘sits’ behind their website will adjust the CAP / Glass’s Guide prices, for things such as mileage, service history, condition, etc, etc.

Factors such as supply and demand, seasonality, shortage of good examples of particular models will all influence the value.

Don’t be surprised though with WBAC if they offer a lower price when they see the vehicle. They’re very good at reducing their initially indicated buying price if they find any for small stone chips, scuffs or scratches they find - they consider these to be damage rather than just normal wear and tear, as a friend of mine discovered.

WBAC website used to have the provision on their website to disclose any minor ‘damage’ when you ask them to provide an indicative price that they’ll pay for your car. I don’t know if the still have this but if they do, it’s important to be as honest as possible over a car’s condition and disclose even very minor imperfections, so you don’t give them any excuses for subsequently reducing their initial offer price.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
It does happen - especially with niche vehicles such as convertibles where good used examples can command a higher value during the summer months when demand will be higher than during the winter months. WBAC will probably be using ‘official’ motor trade sources such a CAP or Glass’s Guide for the basis of their offer prices, and then the algorithm that ‘sits’ behind their website will adjust the CAP / Glass’s Guide prices, for things such as mileage, service history, condition, etc, etc.

Factors such as supply and demand, seasonality, shortage of good examples of particular models will all influence the value.

Don’t be surprised though with WBAC if they offer a lower price when they see the vehicle. They’re very good at reducing their initially indicated buying price if they find any for small stone chips, scuffs or scratches they find - they consider these to be damage rather than just normal wear and tear, as a friend of mine discovered.

WBAC website used to have the provision on their website to disclose any minor ‘damage’ when you ask them to provide an indicative price that they’ll pay for your car. I don’t know if the still have this but if they do, it’s important to be as honest as possible over a car’s condition and disclose even very minor imperfections, so you don’t give them any excuses for subsequently reducing their initial offer price.
I intend to use Motorway's premium service when it comes to actualy sell the car. Since nearly every car buying platform only asks about the rej number. Not taking in to account the kit the car has with it.
Even a dealers trade in price was higher than we buy any car, but that was only after they'd seen it.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Whither that translates into an increase when it comes to handing the car over?

They really are persistent they chased me over my 13 year old VW Passat 4Motion for over a year, idiots!

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
A good trade-in price will always depend on how much profit they've got to play with on the car you're looking to buy.

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
I noticed that on a VXR I was trading in this time of year a few years ago I put it down to new reg time coming up.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
We buy any car is a con and owned by BCA , my last 4 cars have actually been valued almost 3k less than I actually sold them for on we buy any car lol , it's not what your car is worth but what they will give you for it and I'd never sell to them unless I was absolutely deparate and needed the money that day.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham

They still find fault, you loose £ for every stone chip over a certain size, every mark on the alloys etc.

It's all about how the car looks as it goes through their auctions as they dont test drive any of the cars they just roll them forward 5 metres and then roll it back 5 metres.

You get £90 knocked off the valuation if you only have one key, you get £ knocked off if you dont have owners manual.

You can haggle with them and they will up their offer by a couple of hundred.

People I know only use them if the car has serious mechanical fault as like I pointed out earlier they dont test drive them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
They still find fault, you loose £ for every stone chip over a certain size, every mark on the alloys etc.

It's all about how the car looks as it goes through their auctions as they dont test drive any of the cars they just roll them forward 5 metres and then roll it back 5 metres.

You get £90 knocked off the valuation if you only have one key, you get £ knocked off if you dont have owners manual.

You can haggle with them and they will up their offer by a couple of hundred.

People I know only use them if the car has serious mechanical fault as like I pointed out earlier they dont test drive them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I had a friend who used them as he needed to sell his car there and then. He’d moved overseas for his work and was back in the for just a few days to tie up loose ends, including selling his car.

WBAC weren’t overly generous with their offer, but he reluctantly accepted it as he just needed to sell before leaving the UK.

Robtt

Jan 14, 2020
North Yorkshire
Must admit we have had no problems with them . We got above trade in value for a Fiat 500 and same again on an A6 Avant. They chipped us a few hundred on both cars for stone chip damage but we still got more than offered by any garage . You can always walk away at the end of the day

Reactions: Seastormer

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I recently used WBAC to sell an Audi S3. The car was near enough mint but they still hammered me on price for stone chips. They also paid late due to them losing paperwork. I had to chase them up and their customer service was like an impenetrable fortress. Very poor indeed. I would be wary about using them again.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Must admit we have had no problems with them . We got above trade in value for a Fiat 500 and same again on an A6 Avant. They chipped us a few hundred on both cars for stone chip damage but we still got more than offered by any garage . You can always walk away at the end of the day

They will be more than a garage or the same but much less than selling private .

andycupra

status subject to change
january is quiet.
people have not had the post xmas pay.
and the price they quote isn't always what they pay.

or they simply have less than the ideal number of cars on their books and they trim the margins to balance the numbers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members