Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Love how no one still knows the info

so my car made the peg ace and docks today

been told all week not allocated to a ship lol

the dealers and Seat uk need to sort out this comms issue

now they said 10 days to dealer and few days for them tk sort out things

I’m told they can register 20 plates from 2nd week of Feb so hoping I can get car before March witn a 20 plate and if not 1st March I best have it :)
If you want a 20 plate which you may aswell, you could only collect on 1st March.
Think 2nd week in Feb is when dealers can assign a plate to a car once DVLA release them.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Yer just been advised so booking it in for 2nd March delivery :)

countdown could be on !

just got get it to dealer and confirm reg and then sort finance :)

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
My car is ordered - Urban Silver Cupra 290 Lux. Dealer informed me that its about a 12 week delivery timeframe but he is seeing if this can be quicker as my current lease ends in early April. Worst case I will just have to drive around in my 9 seater Dispatch. Upgrading from an Ibiza 2016 FR 1.4 EcoTSI (150BHP) which is fairly nippy.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
My car is ordered - Urban Silver Cupra 290 Lux. Dealer informed me that its about a 12 week delivery timeframe but he is seeing if this can be quicker as my current lease ends in early April. Worst case I will just have to drive around in my 9 seater Dispatch. Upgrading from an Ibiza 2016 FR 1.4 EcoTSI (150BHP) which is fairly nippy.

12 week delivery........ starting from April!!! - LOL

Still waiting on news of mine - was it actually built last week or is it a figment of someones computer?

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Not sure what you mean - the Cupra is 12 weeks from Friday.
Looking at how long guys have been waiting for their cars I reckon it is a 12 week delivery time...... only they don't tell you when they start the clock!!!! (some guys have been waiting since middle of last year :no:)

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Looking at how long guys have been waiting for their cars I reckon it is a 12 week delivery time...... only they don't tell you when they start the clock!!!! (some guys have been waiting since middle of last year :no:)
Oh yeah I know but many of those were due to the new emissions regime that screwed VW badly. Since they moved to the EZ ordering process ( so I have no option choices) the process "should" be relatively smooth. With my luck they will remove the MK3 from sale after about 6 weeks and cancel my order. We will see.

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston
So the update today from Seat is that the vehicle is now showing as Transit from the Factory with a ship being assigned.

Now does that sound like it's still in Barcelona?

Cos Seat told me last week that it's on the ship now, which docked in Grimsby over the weekend.....

I am very confused.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Oh yeah I know but many of those were due to the new emissions regime that screwed VW badly. Since they moved to the EZ ordering process ( so I have no option choices) the process "should" be relatively smooth. With my luck they will remove the MK3 from sale after about 6 weeks and cancel my order. We will see.
From what I gather a lot of the delay was blamed on the fire at the dashboard supplier rather than emissions issues (although that could have been a problem - I ordered a new Focus ST with auto box and Ford cancelled the order 3 days later as they've 'pulled' the auto version, apparently due to emissions. Hence my order for the Cupra.)
We're all keeping fingers (and other bits) crossed.
Seat are pretty bad at communication though when everything done now is accessible online......

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
So the update today from Seat is that the vehicle is now showing as Transit from the Factory with a ship being assigned.

Now does that sound like it's still in Barcelona?

That could realistically be interpreted as the car being somewhere between the factory and the supplying dealer, possibly not 'checked in' as being at the port yet? Even if the ship has already been and gone, it would still technically be assigned to a ship in this case.

seatram

Sep 8, 2017
Ilkeston
That could realistically be interpreted as the car being somewhere between the factory and the supplying dealer, possibly not 'checked in' as being at the port yet? Even if the ship has already been and gone, it would still technically be assigned to a ship in this case.

Jesus, how do they keep track of where their own vehicles are? :rofl:

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Jesus, how do they keep track of where their own vehicles are? :rofl:
There's probably going to be one solitary car sitting in the middle of an empty car park after the ship has has sailed - with lots of managers running around shouting '****!!!'

daz3031

Jan 25, 2011
I ordered a black cupra st lux on 30 December and it's getting built next week. Looks like build times are improving but it's hardly surprising since they'll be stopping production of the mk3 soon and presumably will want to fulfil existing orders before then.

My current car (a white cupra st) goes back at the end of march so should tie in nicely. Looking forward to the new one. I wanted the bucket seats on my last one but refused to pay the extra £1300 at the time for them because it was on a lease. Buying outright this time and buckets now cost less with lux plus it includes additional toys (keyless etc).

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
For those who have recently received their new cupra do we have a definitive answer to run in

What do I need to do to run in the car in properly ?

also I just got a new Ateca and when I change the led lighting colour it changes the colour on the infotainment screen and dials other than the speedometer needle.

does the cupra do this ?

I.e if I have it set to blue the touch button for example ‘settings’which has like the lines around it showing it’s a button are blue on my Ateca and the central bit on the speedo for example which shows your speed or oil temp or w.e is surrounding in a rectangle box and this is blue.If I changed the leds to red these things also change and is brilliant.

deano1988

Aug 15, 2019
Anyone else with LO had to resubmit their credit check etc as it will expire before car delivered haha the never ending problems.

schmellic

May 30, 2007
Just been told my car was build week 5 (Ordered November)... hopefully be on the next boat - Due to the dealer 9th March! Getting exited :bounce:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise