Carlinkit

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Has anyone tried this?

I found that some people say that it works fine others don't. Just wanted to know how about it on Leon with MIB2 (facelift).

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Yeah, just wondering if someone did get a shot on this as I don't really want to turn more than 100€ into a flop. :D

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
Would be very interested to see if anyone has got this to work so far!

The AliExpress reviews have a photo of a Mk3 Leon with the CarPlay working...

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
I’ve actually found a guy with a MIB2 that says it works pretty well, but I’d like a few more opinions.

One thing that bothers me, is that with CarPlay you can’t actually get info on the FIS, neither you can scroll contacts and so on. You’ll always need to use Siri or touch screen.

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
I could live with that...

Silly question but how do I know if I have MIB2?

I’ve an October 2015 Cupra 280ST

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I’m probably going to try one of these, but will probably get the Carplay2air version. Think it’s the same hardware but they look to be more active with firmware updates.

It seems that from around Dec 2019 onwards the firmware is getting to the point where these are useable.

Just need to check that the USB port in the glove box can be used for Carplay as that’s where I’d like it to live.
(I’m away at the moment so can’t test this)

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
@Slickric21 I don't have USB ports in my glove box, only 2 SD card slots. I'd like to have it there as well, is there any way to make the connection directly to it somehow?

As for the Carplay2air, from what I've been reading (specially on MacRumors forum) people seem to have less issues with Carlinkit somehow regardless of saying that is exactly the same product.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
This is the MIB2.
This is also MIB2
9501f5a2da4efbe3ac480de0d10e420d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I think it is has the voice button then it's MiB2.
You can also tell by the model year.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I think it is has the voice button then it's MiB2.
You can also tell by the model year.

Mine has the voice button but assumed it was MiB1, it is a MY14 leon sport coupe FR. Out of curiosity. what does MiB2 allow you to do over MiB1?

Nov 19, 2020
I have a Dec 2018 Cupra ST With the newer two button head unit with built in carplay. I've bought one of these wireless Carlinkit devices. The head unit detects the device, my phone sees it, connects to the device's built in wifi and the head unit seems to keep connecting and disconnecting the device as if there's not enough power to keep the Carlinkit alive. Does anybody else have this?